Interesting Blog Posts from Peter Daalmans on PCM and P2V.
A. Summery about the toolkit (Click on the original link to get detailed information on the below topics)
1. Application Model Diagram
2. 2007 versus 2012 application feature mapping
3. The Migration experience
4. Migration process to Configuration Manager 2012
5. Migrate packages to applications
6. Package conversion Manager
7. PCM Analysis Readiness States
8. Analysis engine internals (understanding manual verses automatic rules in PCM)
9. Detections methods (the main reason your package is manual)
10. Process of converting a package
11. The conversion process
12. Best practices for converting packages to the new application model
13. Post migration actions
14. What’s coming up in the next PCM CTP2
15. P2V Migration Toolkit
16. Requirements for virtualization
17. P2V Migration options
18. Task sequence workflow
19. Physical to virtual components
Release Candidate brings not only bug fixes but also the following improvements:
1. Added support for high contrast, keyboard shortcuts and keyboard navigation.
2. Added additional support for critical boot drivers to enhance IDE disk driver support in the virtual instance.
If you want to test the Release Candidate of the Configuration Manager P2V Migration Toolkit, click here to download.
The Configuration Manager Package Conversion Manager will help you with the conversion of your legacy Configuration Manager 2012 packages. A very nice enhancement of Configuration Manager 2012.
1. Analyzes Packages
2. Automatic Conversion
3. Fix and Convert Wizard
4. Package Conversion Dashboard
5. Online Help