How many of you are still managing Intune hybrid devices from SCCM console? This post is significant for those SCCM admins. Those SCCM admins have a great learning opportunity to migrate SCCM hybrid setup to Intune standalone. Microsoft announced their support details of SCCM Intune Hybrid to Standalone.
Table of Contents
- Is SCCM Going Away?
- Important Dates – SCCM Intune Hybrid to Standalone
- Are you Impacted with End of Support for SCCM Intune Hybrid Setup?
- Move Intune Hybrid to Standalone Help and Support
Is SCCM Going Away?
Important Dates – SCCM Intune Hybrid to Standalone
There are two critical dates announced by Microsoft via the latest blog post here. Microsoft won’t allow you to make any Intune hybrid connections from Nov 2018 onwards. They are planning to block this features.
- November 2018 – Begin to block the on-boarding of new hybrid MDM customers.
- 1st Sep 2019 – Hybrid MDM devices will no longer receive policy, apps, or security updates.
There is couple of easy method to understand whether you are impacted with the end of support for SCCM Intune Hybrid to Standalone. You can check these settings from SCCM console as well as from Intune on Azure portal or even from Intune Silverlight portal.
Don’t be panic Co-Management is NOT impacted with a hybrid to standalone changes.
- SCCM Console – Navigate to \Administration\Overview\Cloud Services/Microsoft Intune Subscriptions. Check whether any tenant is configured or not. If this Intune subscription node is empty, you are good!
- Intune on Azure Portal – Navigate to Azure Portal – Microsoft Intune – Device Enrollment – On the right side blade -check whether MDM Authority is Configuration Manager or Intune. If the MDM authority is set to Intune, you are good!
Move Intune Hybrid to Standalone Help and Support
Microsoft is offering great support to move workloads from SCCM Intune Hybrid to Standalone. Different channels from Microsoft and SCCM Community provide this support. Following are some of the channels of support:-
- Study Microsoft internal IT’s experience of moving from Intune hybrid to standalone
- Review tools and documentation Microsoft created to simplify the process of moving from hybrid MDM to Intune on Azure
- Contact your partner of record or FastTrack for assistance. FastTrack for Microsoft 365 or EMS can assist in your migration from hybrid MDM to Intune on Azure