Most awaited Enhancements of SCOM OpsMgr is available in Service Pack 1 RTM. Following are the 12 enhancements which I’ve noted down.
1. Improved the support of Linux and Unix agents. UNIX and Linux agents now support configurable as “MissedHeartbeats”.
2. CentOS, Debian, Oracle, and Ubuntu Linux are supported now.
3. Enterprise-wide visibility into the use of the Dynamic Access Control, leveraging Operations Manager’s Audit Collection Services to collect events from the relevant machines.
4. Enhanced features :- The 360 .NET Application Monitoring Dashboards display information from Global Service Monitor, .NET Application Performance Monitoring, and Web Application Availability Monitoring to provide a summary of health and key metrics for 3-tier applications in a single view.
5. Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8 New Management Packs are Support now.
6. IntelliTrace Profiling Management Pack is included, this will help Collecting Historical Traces.
7. This new monitoring capability allows for opening of APM (Application Performance Monitoring) exception events from Visual Studio IDE as if the exception was captured during the IntelliTrace historical debugging session.
8. Integrated with development tools, such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio. This will help enable deep troubleshooting and stream line the communications between developers and IT operations.
9. Performance degradation and server-side exceptions are included in the monitoring of standard and custom SharePoint webpages.
10. Transaction Types,MVC Pages and WCF, have been introduced, Monitor the Transactions of following component types ASP.NET web application,ASP.NET web service, WCF service and Windows Service
11. Now automatically discovered as an ASP.NET Web Application If the application contains “System.Web.Mvc.dll” in the /bin subfolder.
12. Ability to monitor Windows Services, not just IIS-hosted applications. This is now possible again, and integrated into the APM template
More details HERE