Veeam Backup and Replication V7 will support vCloud Director. Latest news from Veeam, extending its support for VMware vCloud Director (vCD). NEW integration with vCD will extend veeam support for VCD, which currently includes the ability to backup and restore VMs managed by vCD.
Veeam Reveals Enhanced Backup and Recovery for vCloud Director. There are some rumors that it will now be able to restore apps including NAT – Firewall rules, networking, and maybe even restore into a different vCloud. More Details here. Video explanation of vCloud Director support here.
Veeam Backup and Replication V7 will support vCloud Director
- Display the vCD infrastructure directly in Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backup all vApp metadata and attributes
- Restore vApps and VMs directly to vCD
- Support restore of fast-provisioned VMs—and more!
Apart from above point Veeam provides following advantages
1. Agent-free application backup and recovery
2. Support for vSphere 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
3. Instant VM Recovery
5. U-AIR: Universal Application-Item Recovery
6. On-Demand Sandbox
7. Exchange e-discovery and item recovery
8. VM recovery from SAN snapshots
9. Archive to the cloud
10. 2-in-1: backup and replication
11. Forever incremental backup and much more !