Vembu BDR is a data protection suite which can protect your virtual and physical environments. This suite can protect VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V workloads. This backup and replication suite can protect physical servers and workstations which supports critical workload for your organization. In this post you will see quick glance of new features and enhancements of Vembu BDR Suite V4.0.
I have previous post where I explained about Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 Update 1 and Essentials Updates.
New Features of Vembu BDR Suite V4.0
1. Hyper-V cluster backup: Vembu support backing up the VMs in the cluster and even if
VMs configured for backup are moved from one host to another, the incremental backup
will continue to happen without any interruption.
2. Shared VHDx backup: Vembu supports backup of the shared VHDx of Hyper-V.
3. CheckSum based incrementals: Vembu uses CBT for incremental backups. And for
some CBT failure cases, we will be using CheckSum for the incremental to happen
without any interruption.
4. Credential Manager: No need to enter credentials every time, Vembu Credential
manager allows you to manage the credentials of the host and the VMs running in it.
Enhancements – Vembu BDR Suite V4.0
1. where it was left off for Vembu ImageBackup: In Vembu ImagBackup, if the backup job
gets interrupted due to network failure, it will resume from where it was left off.
2. Improved proxy functionality: All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR
backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
3. Virtual hardware selection: You can now configure the specification of the Virtual
Hardware during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk
provision type, and network adapter.
4. Improved Hyper-V live recovery: During the recovery of the backed-up Hyper-V, a
separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
5. Improved Application aware for Hyper-V Backups: For all Hyper-V VMs, you can
individually select the VM to which you want to enable Application Aware processing.
6. Abort Offsite Replication: You can now abort the replication job from the Vembu
7. ODR Activation: You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected
to an OffsiteDR server.
8. Quick VM Recovery report: You will get a report for Quick VM recovery process with
details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the
status of the recovery.
9. API’s to fetch storage details: The new set of APIs is designed to give a detailed report
on storage utilization like the size of the VM, storage space utilized by a backup job,
compression rate etc.
10. VM disk inclusion: Previously, after the initial full backup, the newly added disk of the VM is backed up only on the next additional full backup. From v4.0, the newly added disk will be backed up along with the successive incremental.
More details https://www.vembu.com/vembu-bdr-suite/