Windows Server File Volume Restore Solution Backup Restore Solution from Veeam. Veeam has an endpoint backup and restores solution for Microsoft. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows can take backups of servers, desktops, and laptops.
In this post, we will see Video Guide Windows Server 2016 Backup Solution from Veeam. In this post, we will see Windows Server 2016 File Volume Restore Solution from Veeam.
Following are the three posts that will cover the Windows endpoint backup solution from Veeam.
- Windows 10 backup and recovery Software from Veeam
- Video Guide Windows Server 2016 Backup Solution from Veeam
- Video Guide Windows Server 2016 File & Volume Recovery Solution from Veeam
Veeam Agent for Windows restores options are explained in the video tutorial.
Once Veeam FULL Backup of Server 2016 is completed? Then, open up VEEAM BACKUP BROWSER to restore. There are two restore options available from the backup browser, and the last one is the recovery option from Veeam recovery media.
- File Restore
- Volume Restore
- Restore from Recovery Media
Veeam Agent – Restoring Files and Folders of Server 2016
Veeam Backup Browser or File Level Restore wizard should be used to recover or restore If some files and folders on your computer get lost or corrupted. For file-level restore, you can use backups of any type.
- Volume-level backups (backups of the entire computer or specific volumes)
- File-level backups
To launch the File Level Restore wizard, do either of the following: Start Menu, select All Programs > Veeam > File Level Restore. We can perform the following operations with restored files and folders from Veeam Backup Explorer.
- Save files and folders to their initial location
- Save files and folders to a new location
- Open files in Microsoft Windows Explorer
Veeam BACKUP Browser is similar to file explorer. It gives two options to restore in my scenario for this video. I selected the KEEP option. This will create a copy of the restore and won’t overwrite. Restore is completed. The windows 10 ISO file got restored within 1:23 minutes, as you can see in the video tutorial here.
Veeam Agent – Volume Restore of Windows Server 2016
When we perform a volume-level restore, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows restores the entire content of the volume. We can’t use the File restore wizard to recover the specific volumes.
It retrieves from the backup data blocks about a particular volume and copies them to the necessary location.
The volume-level restore should be done via the “Volume Level restore wizard.” We need to go through and define the following the wizard
- Backup Location
- Restore Point
- Disk Mapping
- Progress of the Volume Restore
We can boot from the recovery image and use the Veeam Volume Level Restore, wizard for volume-level restore of Server 2016. Following are the three limitations of volume-level restore, which Veeam documents.
- Cannot restore the system volume to its original location.
- Cannot restore a volume to the volume on which the swap file is currently hosted.
- Cannot restore a volume to the volume where the backup file used for restore is located.
- NEW Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0
- Product overview Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Availability for public cloud and physical workloads
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is a blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. E writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…