Windows 10 TP is still technical preview version so it may have some bugs and things which you won’t like. Following are the some of the known issues of Windows 10 TP2 with latest build 10061. It’s always better to start testing Windows 10 TP if you’ve not started it till now. Most of these known issues will be fixed in upcoming Windows Update release. So, it’s better to be aware about the known issues of Windows 10 TP otherwise we will keep searching for solutions 😉 !!
1. Win32 (desktop) apps won’t launch from the Start menu. The workaround is to use search to find and launch these apps and pin them to your taskbar for quick access. We won’t be able launch the apps like paint and notepad etc.
3. The version of the Mail and Calendar apps included in this build (17.4008.42281.0) have a known issue that causes every typed letter to appear twice. Which might be funny if it weren’t so irritating. I’ve updated Windows 10 build 10061, and the calender app version 17.4016.42291.0. This update is fixed the issue. If you don’t open the Mail and Calendar apps within the first 15 minutes after logging in to your device for the first time after upgrading and your device is connected to the Internet, the apps should update automatically. You can also go into the Store Beta and check for updates manually at any time.
4. Cortana some of these features are not yet implemented and we are working to deliver them soon. .. see. But cortana is not able to launch applications like meeting, calendar etc,,, Cortana says .. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this for you right now. Check back again after future updates”
However, will highlight things it will be able to help users with, She (cortana) loves me. See below 🙂
5. There is a known issue where you might see a black screen with only your mouse cursor during login/logout. Microsoft may fix for this coming via Windows Update. Windows 10 Log off Blank Screen Issue. Don’t try to log off….
6. Downloading music in the Xbox Music and Music Preview apps is currently broken. Microsoft may fix for this coming via Windows Update.
7. When you minimize an app playing audio, it may stop playing once its minimized. But the MUSIC application worked fine after minimizing it as well 🙂
8. In Project Spartan, no selection highlight appears when selecting text in the address box. You can right click in the address box to cut/copy/paste and it will work as expected. This will get fixed coming Windows Update.
9. Magnifier does not work when you put it into docked mode. This will get fixed coming Windows Update.