Let’s learn more about ConfigMgr Delete Aged Cloud Management Gateway Traffic Data maintenance task. This task is enabled by default on all site servers except secondary server. This task is not available for secondary servers.
SCCM CB also uses the SQLTaskStatus table for storing the results of predefined maintenance tasks. Don’t use tables to create custom reports. Instead use the SQL views to create custom reports. More details here.
If you want to more details about the status of SCCM / SQL maintenance tasks like
- Last Start time
- Last End time
- Completion status
You don’t need to create an custom report instead you can view the status from Maintenance Tasks tab in site system server window in the console.
Reports Download RDL file for SSRS report from https://github.com/AnoopCNair/SCCM-Maintenance-Task-Download-RDL-file-for-SSRS-report.
Use this task to delete all aged data about the traffic that passes through the ConfigMgr cloud management gateway from the site database. You can confirm whether this maintenance task is enabled or not by going through following steps:
- Navigate to \Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites
- Select the Primary server or CAS site server
- Click on the maintenance tasks from the bottom side of the console
- Double click on Delete Aged Cloud Management Gateway Traffic Data task to configure or change the settings
By default this maintenance task is enabled and this is the best practice as per Microsoft. If you want to disable this deletion task, you can uncheck the option from “Enable this task” the above screen shot.
You can also change Delete data that has been inactive for Days. The default number of days is set as 90 days by default. You can also schedule the days on which this deletion/cleanup task should run against the ConfigMgr DB.
- Minimum inactive days that you can configure – 1
- Maximum inactive days that you can configure – 365
SQL Task Status
Quickly check the status of the SCCM maintenance tasks using SQL query below:
select * from SQLTaskStatus
- How to Check Verify the Status of SCCM Predefined Maintenance Tasks