ConfigMgr SCCM Boot Images not Getting Updated After Upgrade. ConfigMgr SCCM Boot Images not Getting Updated After Upgrade. Boot Images are not getting updated after the SCCM 2012 SP1 upgrade.
If your boot images didn’t get updated during the site upgrade to SP1, you can manually update the boot images using the following instructions this information is shared by Clifton Hughes in his following blog post.
Fix? ConfigMgr SCCM Boot Images not Getting Updated After Upgrade
1. Rename the boot.wim and the default boot wims in each architecture folder of theOSD\boot\ folder – both the i386 and x64 to.bak
2. Starting with the i386 folder first…Find the install folder of the ADK, which should be here if you installed with the defaults: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
3. Kits\8.0\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\x86\en-us\winpe.wim”. You will need to copy the winpe.wim to the OSD\boot\i386 folder. Rename it to boot.wim.
4. You will also need to copy it again, but this time rename it so it matches the name of the default boot wim for the site – so it should look like boot.<packageid>.wim
5. Update default boot image. Click “Execute Method” -> input object path as SMS_BootImagePackage.PackageID=”” -> UpdateDefaultImage
6. You will need to do this for the x64 folder as well. Do not do this for any custom boot images – this is just to update the default boot wims installed during the setup of the site.
Free SCCM Training Part 1 | 17 Hours Of Latest Technical Content | ConfigMgr Lab HTMD Blog (anoopcnair.com)
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is a blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. E writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…
2 thoughts on “ConfigMgr SCCM Boot Images not Getting Updated After Upgrade”
Hi, I have downloaded SCCM with SP1 after 25th January 2013. Setup a lab environment with AD,DNS and DHCP on one VM,SCCM and SQL server 2008 R2 SP1 with CU 6 on 2nd VM. WHen try to install SCCM SP1 for a standalone promary site needs prerequisite USMT,Windows Deployment TOOL KIT, Windows PReinstalltion environment on site server but when i downloaded ADK from microsoft and run it first it is taking a huge time and stuck at 13 % WIndows PE and error poping up that few cab files missing. Any advice how to make it faster and remove the error