What is Connect to Cloud Option or Cloud Experience Host in Windows 10. Have you noticed Connect to Cloud option in Windows 10?
I’m very much interested to know what is the actual use of the option called “Connect to the cloud” or “Cloud Experience Host”. I tried to go through this in detail and this was done by adding two laptops into the cloud using my Microsoft Intune (Azure) ID.
Connect to cloud is for Corporate owned devices in BYOD scenario
Workplace Join is for personal devices in BYOD scenario
What is Connect to Cloud Option or Cloud Experience Host in Windows 10
I suppose “Cloud to Connect” or Cloud Experience Host option is more to do with enterprise side of Windows 10 rather than consumer side of it. To join your machine to cloud, you/your organization need to have a Intune or Azure subscription. What I feel is it’s very similar to Workplace join.
However, we already have another option in Windows 10 to perform “Workplace” join. From the following screenshot, you can confirm that this is another option to perform the “Workplace” join trust type.
What account should be used to perform cloud join or to join your machine as a cloud experience host? This explains most of it, when your organization uses Office 365 or other business services from Microsoft then use the same user name and password to sign in here.
1) To reach to “Connect to Cloud” option, you need tonavigate via Start menu –> Settings –> About.
2) The laptop is getting ready to Cloud Experience Host….
3) Here is heads up from Cloud experience host. You’re about to enroll this PC with your organization.
After enrolment, your organization will be to manage your PC and collect information about you (including your location). It might add or remove apps or content, change settings, disable features, prevent you from removing your company account or reset your PC.
4) Connecting to a service, Microsoft Intune.
5) Now machine (SCCMZ) is successfully joined to Workplace. Now you can see that “Connect to Cloud” and Join domain options are gone missing.