Learn how to Enable ConfigMgr Asset Intelligence Hardware Inventory. The ConfigMgr Asset intelligence (AI) adds hardware inventory classes to collect more detailed information from Configuration Manager clients. This data includes the hardware and software titles used in your workplace environment.
You can add custom information to the asset intelligence catalog. Use asset intelligence to help aggregate your enterprise software license usage when you have the correct configuration. You can refer to asset intelligence default reports to get more details about hardware, license management, and software.
There are other useful hardware related reports outside ConfigMgr asset intelligence reports. Also, you can learn How to Launch ConfigMgr Reports from the previous post here. More than 60 reports are present as part of asset intelligence information available as out-of-box reports in SCCM.
ConfigMgr Asset Intelligence
The Asset Intelligence node in the Assets and Compliance workspace is the home page for asset intelligence in ConfigMgr. As you can see in the below screen capture, you can enable the Asset Intelligence component from the AI node in the console using edit inventory classes.
- Navigate – \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Asset Intelligence
- Edit inventory classes button from ribbon menu to enable the additional hardware inventory classes.
To enable asset intelligence reporting, select to enable all or at least one reporting class from the available Asset Intelligence reporting classes. These settings will be enabled in default client agent settings and apply to all clients in the hierarchy.
To change the asset intelligence classes enabled for different collections enable these classes in custom device client settings instead of the default client agent settings.
- Enable the following additional inventory classes from Edit inventory classes. I have selected all the following details.
- Click OK to enable additional inventory classes.
NOTE! – When you enable Asset Intelligence reporting classes the CPU usage on the Configuration Manager client computer will increase during a hardware inventory cycle.
To ensure that only neccessary reporting claases have been enabled, verify the selected settings before continuing. Enabling Asset Intellignece reporting classes will increase computer resource usage during Configuration Manager client hardware inventory.
Are you sure you want to enable selected reporting classes.
- Click on Yes to continue.
Let’s check the status of the Asset Intelligence component enabled.
The hardware inventory agent collects the inventoried software information from ConfigMgr clients based on the software titles stored in the asset intelligence catalog.
- \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Asset Intelligence\Inventoried Software
Asset Intelligence Product Lifecycle
Let’s check the product lifecycle dashboard of many products can be found in the asset intelligence section. By default, Windows 10 and Configuration Manager lifecycles details are showed in the dashboard.
- \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Asset Intelligence\Product Lifecycle
Let’s check the Hardware Requirements for 176 applications (out of box experience) from asset intelligence section. You can use this hardware requirement to verify that computers meet the hardware requirements for software titles before they’re targeted for software deployments.
- \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Asset Intelligence\Hardware Requirements
Asset Intelligence Catalog
The catalog contains the categorization and identification information for over 300,000 software titles and versions. AI software categories are used to widely categorize inventoried software titles and as high-level groupings of more specific software families.
- \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Asset Intelligence\Catalog
- Fix Report Server cannot Open a Connection Error ConfigMgr | SCCM
- Configure reporting in Configuration Manager
- SQL Server Database Migration
- SQL Server – Installation