Let’s learn how to Turn On Dark Mode Systemwide for Windows 11. It’s time to understand the best option to change the Windows 11 system-wide theme to dark mode. How many of you like dark mode?
Windows 11 has three (3) colors available as default. The default Windows 11 color option is the LIGHT. The second color option is DARK, and the third one is CUSTOM.
If you select a custom color theme, you get an option to customize the color for the entire device. For example, you can choose the default Windows color mode and select a different default app color mode.
- Deploy Progressive Web App PWAs Using Intune
- New Outlook for Windows Desktop App Features Walkthrough
- FIX Microsoft Teams App Issues Repair Options Available on Windows 11
- Allow Unlicensed Admin to Access Intune
- Protect Security Settings with Tamper Protection in Windows
How to Turn On Dark Mode System Wide
Let’s have a look at one of the options to change the Windows 11 color theme. I don’t think this is the best and easiest option to turn on dark mode system-wide.
- Click on the Start button
- Select Settings app from the pinned apps menu.
These are the default list of pinned apps on Windows 11. Windows 11 consumer experience is explained here. You might have a different experience when you get Windows 11 operating system from your office. This is because of the customization that enterprise admins perform to optimize the performance of devices.
- Click on the Personalization option to change the color theme of the device.
- Select Colors options from the Personalization page.
- Select the Dark mode from Choose your color to change system wide color theme to Dark Mode.
With the above setting, the system-wide color will get changed automatically. In addition, you have an option to change only the applications to dark mode if you like.
NOTE! – You need to activate Windows 11 before you can change the color theme to the dark mode or something else. The color theme options might be disabled if you have not activated Windows 11.
Easy Method to Turn On Windows 11 Dark Mode
We recommend using the following method to easily change Windows 11 to dark mode. This is the manual way of changing the system-wide color theme of Windows 11.
- Click on the SEARCH button from the taskbar.
- Use the search bar and type “dark mode“.
- Select the best option from the below search results.
- Click on “Turn on dark mode systemmode“.
You can select the Dark option from the drop-down list from Colors options within the Personalization page of Windows 11.
- Windows 11 Start Menu Taskbar Alignment Options | How to align Center or Left | Windows 11 Explorer
- Windows 11 Live virtual event
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Device Management Admin with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is Blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. He writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc.