Let’s know more details about Windows 11 Microsoft Update Health Tools. This Microsoft update health tools update includes reliability improvements to Windows Update Service components. You have Windows 10 update health tool that is already included with the latest versions.
You can see Microsoft update health tools application installed on Windows 11 PCs. You might be wondering what the use of Windows 11 Microsoft Update Health Tools is. This tool is automatically installed and updated on all Windows 11 PCs.
I can’t find Microsoft Update Health Service (uhssvc) running on Windows 11 devices, though. Microsoft Update Health Tools application is the to improve the reliability of the software update process. These improvements help make sure that updates are installed seamlessly on your Windows 11 device.
Windows 11 Microsoft Update Health Tools
You can confirm the Microsoft Update Health Tools is installed from the new Settings app in Windows 11.
- Click on Start button.
- Select Settings application.
- Click on Apps tab.
- Enter the keyword “Health” from the app list searh bar.
If you can see Microsoft Update Health Tools in the app list, the application is installed on your Windows 11 PC.
NOTE! – You also need to make sure whether Microsoft Update Health Service (uhssvc) is running to confirm the app is working fine.
Features of Windows 11 Microsoft Update Health Tools
Let’s quickly go through the Microsoft Update Health Tools features. According to KB4023057, it helps improve the reliability and security of devices that are running Windows. This KB is for Windows 10, but I think this is applicable for the insider version of Windows 11.
- Microsoft Update Health Tools (MUHT) helps to request devices to stay awake longer to complete the Windows updates/patches.
- It also helps to reset the network settings to resolve issues if there is any issue.
- This application helps to repair disabled or corrupted Windows core components that determine the applicability of updates.
- This also helps free up enough disk space to install important updates by compressing user directory files.
- This helps to repair the problems that could prevent updates from installing successfully to reset the Windows Update database.
- Intune Reporting Issue: Expedite Windows Security Patch Deployment
- Latest Windows 11 update experience