In this post you learn how to access WVD resources from iOS or iPadOS devices. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments section of the post. Let’s dive into Access WVD Hostpool from iOS Devices options from iOS RD Client.
You need to have WVD setup ready before you try accessing the remote resources. The Microsoft Remote Desktop application requires iOS 13.0 or later.
Download – Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
This MS remote desktop application for iOS is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch. Remote Desktop application supports English and 15 more other languages.
- You can download the application from Apple Store – https://apps.apple.com/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092
Start Accessing WVD Resources from iOS Devices
Once the application is installed on your iOS or iPadOS device, accessing WVD hostpool is straight forward. Let’s go through the following steps:
To add a remote resource:
- On the RD app home page – tap on +, and then tap Add Workspace.
- On the Add Workspace page
- Enter the WVD RD web client url https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com
- Click on NEXT button to continue
- It shall redirect to Microsoft Authenticator for authenticate with WVD hostpool with your Azure AD ID
- Once authenticated, you can see Remote Apps, Remote Desktops assigned to your profile
- Click on the Remote Desktop icon to launch RD client
- Enter your user name and password
- Tap Continue
- Once you connected to VM via iOS RD client, the display of VM will be shown as below
- You can see Zoom-in, RD Client, and Keyboard icons
- Another display options for iOS RD Client
- The remote resources will be displayed in the Connection Center https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-ios#add-a-remote-resource
- Install Subscribe Windows RD Client for WVD End User Step by Step Guide
- Microsoft VDI Story WVD Concept Setup Guide Myths Known Issues