Let us discuss How to Cancel your Azure Subscription and Create New One. I used Azure Pay as You Go subscription to test SCCM CMG and Co-management.
I would admit that it was not a good decision. I spend around 550 USD only for testing SCCM CMG and Co-management in four months. In this post, you will learn how to cancel your Azure Subscription and create a new one.
Permission Required to Cancel Azure Subscription
You can cancel your Azure subscription as the Account Administrator. Once you cancel the subscription, your access to Azure services and resources ends. I would recommend backup your data before canceling the subscription.
When you cancel a paid Azure Support plan, you are still billed for the rest of the subscription term. But if you can cancel your pay-as-you-go subscription, your billing will be stopped immediately.
However, it can take up to 10 minutes for the cancellation shown in the portal.
- If you cancel your Pay-As-You-Go subscription accidentally, you can reactivate it in the Accounts Center.
- If your subscription is not Pay-As-You-Go, contact support to reactivate your subscription within 90 days of cancellation.
Video Tutorial – How to Cancel Azure Subscription
The following video tutorial provides the following experiences.
- My experience of Azure Pay As You Go Azure Subscription as an IT Pro
- How to cancel Azure Pay As You Go Subscription
- How to Check the Billing/Invoice details of the Azure Subscription
- How to create a new Pay as you go Azure subscription
How to Cancel Azure Pay As You Go Subscription
Follow the below steps to successfully cancel the Azure subscription after your SCCM CMG and Cloud DP testing. This cancellation will help you save some money if you use pay as your go Azure subscription.
- Open the Azure Portal
- Select the Subscriptions blade
- Select the subscription which you want to cancel
- Click Cancel subscription
- Confirm the Subscription details
- Type the Subscription Name = AnoopC.ONMicrosoft Pa-As-You-Go
- Select Reason for Cancellation
- You can enter more details if required on the below box
- Click on the Cancel Subscription button at the bottom of the blade