Let us discuss How to Cancel your Azure Subscription and Create New One. I used Azure Pay as You Go subscription to test SCCM CMG and Co-management.
I would admit that it was not a good decision. I spend around 550 USD only for testing SCCM CMG and Co-management in four months. In this post, you will learn how to cancel your Azure Subscription and create a new one.
Download 30 Azure EBooks From Microsoft – Learn Azure Free (anoopcnair.com)
Permission Required to Cancel Azure Subscription
You can cancel your Azure subscription as the Account Administrator. Once you cancel the subscription, your access to Azure services and resources ends. I would recommend backup your data before canceling the subscription.
When you cancel a paid Azure Support plan, you are still billed for the rest of the subscription term. But if you can cancel your pay-as-you-go subscription, your billing will be stopped immediately.
However, it can take up to 10 minutes for the cancellation shown in the portal.
- If you cancel your Pay-As-You-Go subscription accidentally, you can reactivate it in the Accounts Center.
- If your subscription is not Pay-As-You-Go, contact support to reactivate your subscription within 90 days of cancellation.
Video Tutorial – How to Cancel Azure Subscription
The following video tutorial provides the following experiences.
- My experience of Azure Pay As You Go Azure Subscription as an IT Pro
- How to cancel Azure Pay As You Go Subscription
- How to Check the Billing/Invoice details of the Azure Subscription
- How to create a new Pay as you go Azure subscription
How to Cancel Azure Pay As You Go Subscription
Follow the below steps to successfully cancel the Azure subscription after your SCCM CMG and Cloud DP testing. This cancellation will help you save some money if you use pay as your go Azure subscription.
- Open the Azure Portal
- Select the Subscriptions blade
- Select the subscription which you want to cancel
- Click Cancel subscription
- Confirm the Subscription details
- Type the Subscription Name = AnoopC.ONMicrosoft Pa-As-You-Go
- Select Reason for Cancellation
- You can enter more details if required on the below box
- Click on the Cancel Subscription button at the bottom of the blade
5 thoughts on “How to Cancel Azure Subscription and Create New One”
HI – I did the same in Mar after, I spent over $450 for 3 months. It was way to expensive. As a result, my lab is without Co Management and CDP. It is OK for now. May be, if MS reduces the price then, I will rejoin.
I believe with CB1806 Co Management and other stuff can be done without Azure? I read some where – not sure if it was one of your posting.
Thanks Ram for sharing your experience. Yes Microsoft already reduced Cloud DP cost because we can host Cloud DP in CMG itself. So the separate VM cost for Cloud DP is reduced.
Hello , thank you for your post quite informative
Could you propose a solution for this
I have a payg and i want to keep the resources for 2 years, but save some money for 6 months each year
Would it work like cancel it , and then at 89th day re activate and then again cancel in the next 1-2 days ?
Thank you in advance
I don’t think that is possible… if you cancel a subscription it might delete all the resources … isn’t it … I don’t know whether there is any option to PAUSE the subscription at all 😉
Thank you for taking the time to answer. well the case is this , if you have a payg and for any reason it gets suspended , either out of credits , or dont pay etc , you can re activate in a period of 90 days . All resources if you dont touch them stay there , just any VM goes de allocated , and after 90 days it goes completely. I was thinking that possibly you can re activate for 2-3 days before the 90 days , and then re suspend.
If you have any additional thoughts are welcome , !