I used Azure Pay as You Go subscription to test SCCM CMG and Co-management. I would admit that it was not a good decision. In four months I spend around 550 USD only for testing SCCM CMG and Co-management. In this post you will how to cancel Azure Subscription and create new one.
Permission Required to Cancel Azure Subscription
You can cancel your Azure subscription as the Account Administrator. Once you cancel the subscription, your access to Azure services and resources ends. I would recommend to backup your data before cancelling the subscription.
When you cancel a paid Azure Support plan, you are still billed for the rest of the subscription term. But if you can cancel your pay as you go subscription, your billing will be stopped immediately. However, it can take up to 10 minutes for the cancellation show in the portal.
- If you cancel your Pay-As-You-Go subscription accidentally, you can reactivate it in the Accounts Center.
- If your subscription is not Pay-As-You-Go, contact support within 90 days of cancellation to reactivate your subscription.
Video Tutorial – How to Cancel Azure Subscription
The following video tutorial provides following experiences.
- My experience of Azure Pay As You Go Azure Subscription as an IT Pro
- How to cancel Azure Pay As You Go Subscription
- How to Check the Billing/Invoice details of the Azure Subscription
- How to create a new Pay as you go Azure subscription
How to Cancel Azure Pay As You Go Subscription
Follow the below steps to successfully cancel the Azure subscription after your SCCM CMG and Cloud DP testing. This cancellation will help you to save some money if you are using pay as you go Azure subscription.
- Open the Azure Portal
- Select the Subscriptions blade
- Select the subscription which you want to cancel
- Click Cancel subscription
- Confirm the Subscription details
- Type the Subscription Name = AnoopC.ONMicrosoft Pa-As-You-Go
- Select Reason for Cancellation
- You can enter more details if required on the below box
- Click on Cancel Subscription button at the bottom of the blade