Let’s quickly find out whether SCCM secondary server hotfix installation status with a SQL query. It’s not very easy to find out whether ConfigMgr secondary server got the latest hotfix installed or not.
Before getting to the details of the SQL query that can help you to find out the status of hotfix installation, let’s understand the real issue here.
You can check the version of Configuration Manager sites from the console itself. However, the issue is hotfix installation never changes the build & Rev version numbers so there is no option to find out whether the latest hotfix is installed on the secondary server or not.
- \Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites
The site server build and rev version numbers change when you upgrade SCCM from 2006 to 2010. You can read more about ConfigMgr Version Numbers | Major Minor Build Rev of SCCM.
Check Status of Secondary Server Hotfix Installation
Now, let’s find out the way to check the status of secondary server hotfix installation using SQL query.
- Open the SQL Management Studio.
- Connect your Database Engine.
- Right Click on your database CM_XXX and click on ‘New Query’
- Copy the following SQL query to find the status of SCCM secondary server hotfix installation status.
- Click on the Execute button.
NOTE! – HS0 is a secondary site code. You need to replace this with your own secondary site code.
select dbo.fnGetSecondarySiteCMUpdateStatus ('HS0')
- If the return value is 1, that means hotfix is installed successfully.
- SCCM Secondary Server Installation Failed Error | ConfigMgr | Fix
- List of prerequisite checks for Configuration Manager
- Install a secondary site
- Add SCCM Server Computer Account to SQL Login Sys Admin Access