Let’s build a ConfigMgr CMPivot Query for Out of Support Office 365 ProPlus semi-annual channel & monthly channel. ConfigMgr can help you to find the out of support versions of office 365 pro plus (a.k.a Microsoft 365 App) installed devices in your environment.
CMPivot query gives you the real-time value of these versions in your environment. Check out the following blog posts to find the details of Office 365 ProPlus out of support devices using the SQL query.
- Out of Support Versions of Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel.
- Out of Support Versions of Microsoft 365 Apps Monthly Enterprise Channel.
NOTE! – CMPivot can return on the results of ONLINE devices at the time of running the query. So this might not make much sense if you want to get a report of all the devices of a global organization.
Launching CMPivot Query Window
- Navigate to the device collection against which you want to run the CMPivot query.
- Select All Systems device collection.
NOTE! – In a production environment with more than many devices, I don’t recommend to use All System collection. Instead, use the collection with a smaller number of devices to try out the query.
- Right-Click on All Systems collection.
- Select Start CMPivot.
- CMPivot Query tool got launched.
- Get familiarized with new query language and CMPivot tool.
- Copy any of the following queries (monthly and semi-annual) as per the requirement.
- Check out the Run Query button from the SCCM CMPivot tool.
Semi-Annual Office 365 ProPlus Out of Support CMPivot Query
Copy the following CMPivot query to get the list of ONLINE devices for the Out of Support Office 365 ProPlus semi-annual channel. More details about the version and CDN Update channel are explained in the previous post.
NOTE! – I don’t think the last part of the build number is significant while checking out the support scenarios. So in the above example version number 1902 = build number 11328. You can just use 11328 in the following scenarios.
Office365ProPlusConfigurations | where VersionToReport < '16.0.11328.20644' and cfgUpdateChannel == 'http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/7ffbc6bf-bc32-4f92-8982-f9dd17fd3114'
OfficeProductInfo | where Channel == 'Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel' and ProductName > '16.0.11929.20648'
Monthly Office 365 ProPlus Out of Support CMPivot Query
Copy the following CMPivot query to get the list of ONLINE devices for the Out of Support Office 365 ProPlus Monthly channel. More details about the version and CDN Update channel are explained in the previous post.
Office365ProPlusConfigurations | where VersionToReport < '16.0.12827.20656' and cfgUpdateChannel == 'http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/55336b82-a18d-4dd6-b5f6-9e5095c314a6'
OfficeProductInfo | where Channel == 'Monthly Enterprise Channel' and ProductName > '16.0.12827.20656'
- ConfigMgr CMPivot Architecture – https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-cmpivot-guide/