We will see how we can check and confirm the WMI permissions Required for SCCM / ConfigMgr console access. Also, some very useful links which would help you in console-related troubleshooting.
Log file to look into SMSADMINUI.log. Location -> \Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog
- Run wmimgmt.msc from the primary site server.
- Go to WMI control –> properties
- In Security tab, expand root, and click SMS
- Click security in the results pane to see the permission
- Click advanced, click SMS Admin, then view-edit
- If the SMS Admins group does not have Enable Account and Remote Enable permission, grant the permission
- Repeat this procedure for other groups used in addition to SMS Admins
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is a logger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. He writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…