We will see how we can check and confirm the WMI permissions Required for SCCM / ConfigMgr console access. Also, some very useful links which would help you in console-related troubleshooting.
Log file to look into SMSADMINUI.log. Location -> \Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog
- Run wmimgmt.msc from the primary site server.
- Go to WMI control –> properties
- In Security tab, expand root, and click SMS
- Click security in the results pane to see the permission
- Click advanced, click SMS Admin, then view-edit
- If the SMS Admins group does not have Enable Account and Remote Enable permission, grant the permission
- Repeat this procedure for other groups used in addition to SMS Admins
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is a blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. E writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…