Let’s learn how to create SCCM Windows 10 21H1 device collection using a WQL query. The first requirement is to know the Windows 10 21H1 version detail. You can read about the details from Windows 10 21H1 Version Number | Build Number | Best Easiest Way To Find Out Build Numbers.
The dynamic collections can help to organize all the Windows 10 21H1 devices in your organization. You can read more about Windows 10 21H1 upgrade methods using Manual, Intune, and SCCM ways. 1. Easy Guide to Deploy Windows 10 21H1 Using SCCM Task Sequence 2. Intune WUfB Feature Update Policy to Upgrade Windows 10 21H1.
You can read more about SCCM collections, static collections, dynamic collections, etc… in the following blog posts. 1. What is Collection, How to Create SCCM Direct Membership Collections 2. How to create dynamic collections? 3. SCCM Collection Query Preview Tool | Best Tool to Analyse Collection Query | ConfigMgr.
Table of Contents
Create SCCM Windows 10 21H1 Device Collection
Now, it’s time to learn how to create SCCM Windows 10 21H1 device collection. The ConfigMgr Windows 10 21H1 Device Collection can be created using the following steps.
- Navigate to SCCM console – Assets and Compliance – Device Collections to create Windows 10 Device
- Right-click and select “Create Device Collection” from the Device Collections node
- On the General page, provide a Name and a Comment.
- You can be limiting the collection; choose to Browse to select a limiting collection. The collection contains members from the limiting collection.
- Click on the NEXT button.
- On the Membership Rules page of the Create Device Collection Wizard, in the Add Rule list, select the type Query Rule membership rule for this collection.
- You can configure multiple rules for each collection if there is a requirement.
- Enter the name of the Dynamic query – Windows 10 21H1 Devices
- Click on Edit Query Statement to add Windows 10 21H1 devices
You can click on Criteria and click on * to create dynamic query.
You can select the Criteria type as Simple Value.
From the Select Attribute window to select the following values to find out Windows 10 21H1 devices. Click on OK to continue.
|Criteria Type||Simple Value|
|Attribute Class||Operating System|
From the Criterion Properties window to select the following values to find out Windows 10 21H1 devices. Click on OK to continue.
|Operator||is equal to|
Click OK, OK, and OK to continue.
Schedule Options for Dynamic Collections
Note! – Also, make sure you need to create an automatic schedule to update the dynamic collections. You should be careful about the schedule.
By default, the schedule is 7 seven days. However in the real-world probably you might need to change the schedule to get better results.
You can click on Schedule button to change the schedule and select the custom interval – Recur every – 1 – days for example. Click on OK button to continue.
Click on the Next, Next, Close button to continue.
Dynamic Query for SCCM Device Collection for Windows 10 21H1
You can copy the below query to create Windows 21H1 devices collection.
select * from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.Version = "10.0.19043"