Let’s see how to fix SCCM related issue – failed to Run Search on WUAgent Error 0x8007000e. Another troubleshooting blog post to help the Configuration Manager community. This troubleshooting is part of your SCCM software update deployment process.
Deployed patches to a collection and don’t see any patches exposed in the software center? I checked the policy, and it’s arrived. Software Update Deployment Evaluation Cycle says, “Evaluation initiated for (0) assignments. Now checked WUAHandler and found the error below:
Troubleshooting Failed to Run Search on WUAgent Error 0x8007000e Issue
Let’s see how did I troubleshoot to fix the following error that failed to Run Search on WUAgent Error 0x8007000e.
- Open cmd as administrator and type
- cleanmgr tuneup
- Select the below values from the box.
- Temp Setup Files
- Downloaded Program Files
- Temp Internet Files
- Recycle Bin
- System error memory dump files (NOT the next line – minidump files)
- Temp Files
- Temp Windows Installation Files
- Stop windows update service remove each folder from softwaredist and run ClientDiag.exe. Did error disappear when initiated scan? If yes then very good. If NO.
I followed all these steps and still see the same error, but it looks slightly different. Screenshot below:
Solution – WUAgent Error 0x8007000e
Run the below command and check the logs for errors to Failed to Run Search on WUAgent Error 0x8007000e for your SCCM client.
- Wuauclt.exe /scannow
- wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization
- wuauclt.exe /updatenow
- Refresh the client policy : machine policy.
- Patch Software Update Deployment Process Guide|ConfigMgr
- Install WSUS for ConfigMgr Software Update Point Role | SUP | SCCM
- Install New ConfigMgr Software Update Role Setup Guide|SUP|SCCM
My name is Deepak Rai, and I am a Technical Lead on SCCM and Intune with more than 14 years of experience in IT. My main domain is SCCM (AKA ConfigMgr, CB, MECM, etc.), Intune, and Azure (Runbooks). I have worked on several platforms (Active Directory, Exchange, Veritas NETBACKUP, Symantec Backup Exec, NDMP devices Like Netapp, EMC Data Domain, Quantum using Backup Exec 2010 and 2012, HP storage works 4048 MSL G3, Data Deduplication related troubleshooting.) in these 13 years but at last ended up to the technology from which I started as IT Engineer (SCCM).