Windows Update How to Change Computer Name in Windows 10. Have you seen the new option to change the computer name in Windows 10? This option could give you a universal app appeal.
What is a universal application in Windows 10? Universal Windows apps and the ability to leverage the same code to deliver appropriately tailored experiences to multiple device types were the centerpieces of that announcement.
The easiest way to change the computer name is explained at the bottom of this post!
Windows Update How to Change Computer Name in Windows 10
Here is the new way of changing the computer name in Windows 10 machines. We can also use our old methods to rename the computer(PC). The following method may give you an appeal towards the “universal app” approach from Microsoft.
1) Click on “settings” and then click on the System icon on the settings page.
2) Click on “About” and then, to change the name of the Windows 10 machine, click on Rename PC.
3) Enter the new PC name in the pop-up window and click Next.
4) To complete the “PC rename” process, you must restart the machine. After restart, the computer will get changed to the new name “Anoop-Win10”.
5) So you’ve completed the rename of the computer/machine.
Bonus P.S:- The easiest way to change the computer name is to run the command “SysDM.cpl” and Click on the System Windows application to change the computer name.
Click on the change button, and you can directly rename the computer!
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is a logger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. He writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc…