Windows Update How to Change Computer Name in Windows 10. Have you seen the new option to change the computer name in Windows 10? This option could give you a universal app appeal.
What is a universal application in Windows 10? Universal Windows apps and the ability to leverage the same code to deliver appropriately tailored experiences to multiple device types were the centerpieces of that announcement.
The easiest way to change the computer name is explained at the bottom of this post!
Windows Update How to Change Computer Name in Windows 10
Here is the new way of changing the computer name in Windows 10 machines. Well, we can use our old methods also to rename the computer(PC). The following method may give you an appeal towards “universal app” approach from Microsoft.
1) Click on “settings” and then click on System icon on settings page.
2) Click on “About” and then to change the name of Windows 10 machine click on Rename PC.
3) Enter the new PC name in the pop up window and click on Next.
4) To complete the “PC rename” process you need to restart the machine. After restart the computer will get changed to new name “Anoop-Win10”.
5) So you’ve completed the rename of the computer/machine.
Bonus P.S :- The easiest way to change the computer name is to run the command “SysDM.cpl” and Click on Sysdm Windows application to change the computer name.
Click on change button and you can directly rename the computer!