Learn how to install Active Directory Users and Computers for SCCM admins on your LAB SCCM server. I normally install AD Users and Computers features on the LAB SCCM primary server. In my experience, SCCM admins need to manage AD users and AD groups in for application deployments and you can use this guide to Install Active Directory Users Computers.
NOTE! – The guide is here to install Active Directory Users and Computers for Windows 10. This guide is ONLY for server operating systems.
Launch Server Manager
- Launch Server manager and select Role-based or feature-based installation
- Click Next
Select Destination Server
- Select destination server and click NEXT
Select Server Roles
- Nothing to Select in this page for Active Directory Users and Computers Feature installation. If you want to install IIS & WSUS, follow the WSUS installation Guide.
- Click on NEXT to continue.
Select Features Required for AD Users and Computers
Select the following features to install Active Directory Users and Computers:
- Remote Server Administration Tools
- Role Administration Tools
- AD DS and AD LDS Tools
- Active Directory module for Windows PowerShell
- AD DS Tools
- Active Directory Administrative Center
- AD DS Snap-ins and Command-Line Tools
- AD LDS Snap-Ins and Command-Line Tools
- Select NEXT button
Confirm Installation Selection
- Click on INSTALL button on Confirm installation Selections
- Wait for Installation to complete
- Feature Installation – AD Users and Computers
Results – Install Active Directory Users Computers Feature for SCCM Admins
- Confirm the Features installation of AD Users and Computers
- Click on CLOSE to finish the installation
- Run -> DSA.MSC