Let’s dive deep into step by step guide to Install Remote Differential Compression & BITS for ConfigMgr | SCCM | MEMCM. These two components are part of SCCM primary server installation prerequisites.
Launch Server Manager
- Launch Server manager and select Role-based or feature-based installation
- Click Next
Select Destination Server
- Select destination server and click NEXT
Select Server Roles
- Nothing to Select in this page for Remote Differential Compression & BITS installation. If you want to install IIS & WSUS, follow the WSUS installation Guide.
- Click on NEXT to continue
We have to select two Features here from this page. BITS and then Remote Differential Compression.
Select BITS Feature
- Select Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) in this page called “select the features.”
- Click on Add Features to include all the additional features required for BITS to work properly
Select Remote Differential Compression
- Scroll down to select Remote Differential Compression
- Click on NEXT button to continue
Install Confirmation Screen
- Click on INSTALL button on Confirm installation Selections
- Wait for Installation to complete
- Confirm the Features Install Remote Differential Compression BITS
- Click on CLOSE to finish the installation of Install Remote Differential Compression & BITS