Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT List of 36 Known Issues. So, by this time, MDT 2013 RTM release is old news. The latest version of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) has been released today.
Download MDT 2013 from here. There are loads of excellent documents available here MDT 2013 Documentation.zip.
This documentation will help to get familiarized with MDT 2013 log files, TS variable, Task Sequence steps, User Driver Installation (UDI) configurations, UDI developer guide, ConfigMgr 2012 R2 configuration etc.. Also, this covers deployment methods and shows how to customize the deployment process for an organization.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT List of 36 Known Issues
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT performs deployments by using the Lite Touch Installation (LTI), Zero Touch Installation (ZTI), and User-Driven Installation (UDI) deployment methods. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT List of 36 Known Issues?
Only MDT is used in LTI deployments, while ZTI and UDI deployments are performed using MDT with SCCM ConfigMgr 2012 R2.
MDT 2013 release notes contains 36 known issues listed below. There are 5 categories of known issues already documented! Release notes also contains workaround for most of these known issues.
These are the documented known issues. We’ll come to know more known issues when loads of people start using the new version.
General Known Issues (8 known issues)
Known Issues for LTI Deployments Only (11 known issues)
Known Issues for All SCCM ConfigMgr Deployments (9 known issues)
Known Issues for LTI and ZTI Deployments (2 known issues)
Known Issues for UDI Deployments (6 known issues)
General Known Issues – Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT List of 36 Known Issues
- Compiled HTML help files are not up to date
- Modifying key task sequence steps can lead to unpredictable results
- Domain join fails when an organizational unit (OU) contains special characters
- Configure ADDS step does not have an option for Windows Server 2012 domain and forest functional levels
- GPO Packs do not exist
- The Configuration Manager console will crash if MDT is uninstalled without removing the console extensions
- OOBE settings missing from Windows 8.1 Unattend.xml template
- Some features are listed incorrectly for Windows 8.1
Known Issues for LTI Deployments Only – Microsoft Deployment Toolkit MDT List of 36 Known Issues
- Check for Updates downloads an older list of components
- Windows 8.1 AppX cleanup maintenance task can affect Sysprep
- Existing databases will retain 50 character application names when upgrading to MDT 2013
- The deployment will fail on a legacy BIOS system if BitLocker is enabled and a data partition is created
- Provisioning of Windows Store applications does not include dependencies
- GPT drives are partitioned as MBR
- Domain join fails due to default variable values
- User data may not be restored from USB
- User mapped network drive Z: is not restored
- Bare-metal deployment fails with “fixed disk” USB flash drive on UEFI system
- LTI progress on the Windows 8.1 Desktop is not visible from the Start screen
Known Issues for All Configuration Manager Deployments
- Default OS image installed to D: drive
- BitLocker tasks fails during ZTI
- The task sequence fails when local administrator accounts exist
- Installing Chinese Windows 7 prompts for user input
- Restore User State step is skipped during replace scenario
- The task sequence may fail with separate System or Active partitions
- USMT /TargetWindows7 switch fails in offline scenario
- Configure ADDS step does not save correctly
- Server task sequence template fails on UEFI system
Known Issues for LTI and ZTI Deployments
- Roles and features requiring multiple restarts cause problems for task sequences
- Multiple logs created during deployment
Known Issues for UDI Deployments
- UDI Wizard hides No Data option on User State page in Capture Mode
- The time and currency language format is not configured
- Applications do not appear after added
- Applications may not be installed
- Deployment time is not correct during stand-alone media deployment
- OSDDomainName variable does not work as expected