I have explained about backing up Email OneDrive SharePoint data with Veeam backup for Microsoft Office 365. This post describes the option to recover Email OneDrive SharePoint data using Veeam backup for Microsoft Office 365.
[Related Posts – Backup Email OneDrive SharePoint Data with Veeam Backup O365]
- Exploring Backup Jobs
- Video Tutorial – Recover Email OneDrive SharePoint
- Browsing, Searching, and Viewing Items to Restore
- How to Restore Email using Veeam Exchange Explorer
- How to Save Microsoft Office 365 Mail?
- How to Restore OneDrive Files?
- How to Restore SharePoint Files?
Exploring Backup Jobs
Once you have a backup of Email, OneDrive, and SharePoint data, you can start the restore the backup. Veeam backup for O365 gives you an option to explore the backup jobs. To explore the backup content created by the backup job, do the following:
- In the Organizations view, select an organization that contains backup jobs you want to explore.
- In the preview pane, right-click a backup job and select either of the following options:
2.1 Explore latest <product> state of <date>. To explore the latest backup state.
2.2 Explore point-in-time state. To select a point-in-time state when the backup was created. For more information, see Explore Point-in-time State.
- Depending on the data type you are exploring, proceed with one of the following sections to learn more about working with the backup data using Veeam Explorers:
The following video explained all the three following points:-
OneDrive Restore Options – Veeam Explorer for SharePoint
Exchange Email Restore Options – Veeam Explorer for Exchange
SharePoint Restore Options – Veeam Explorer for SharePoint
Browsing, Searching, and Viewing Items to Restore
To browse and search the backed up items, you need to use either Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange or Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint. You don’t have open the explorer; instead, you can use Veeam backup for Microsoft Office 365 to explore the backup data.
Let’s try to Recover Email OneDrive SharePoint data. How to use the abilities of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange that allows you to:-
Browse your backup content
Search for objects in a backup file
Use the advanced search capabilities
Browse – To view the content of a backup file, you use the navigation pane which shows you the database structure containing your Exchange objects. After you select an object in the navigation pane, you can see its content in the preview pane.
In the following figure, we have selected the Inbox folder belonging to Suresh A
Opening Messages – To open a message, right-click the document in the preview pane and select Open.
Searching – The search mechanism allows you to find items matching specified search criteria. To search for required items, do the following:-
In the navigation pane. Select an object where you want to find your data.
When you select an object, you define the search scope which will be used by Veeam when matching search criteria. Type in your search queue using the search field at the top of the preview pane.
How to Restore Email using Veeam Exchange Explorer
Let’s try to Recover Email OneDrive SharePoint data. Using 1-Click Restore option from Veeam exchange explorer – You can use 1-Click Restore feature to recover users mailboxes back to the production environment:
- In the navigation pane, select a mailbox you want to restore.
- Go to the Mailbox tab and click Restore to <original_mailbox_name>. You can also use the corresponding context menu command.
When using 1-Click Restore, Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange recovers objects according to the following:
Original Exchange server, original folder, and original mailbox name.
Both changed, and missing items will be restored.
Restored items will be marked as unread.
No folders will be excluded by default (all folders from the backup will be recovered).
How to Save Microsoft Office 365 Mail?
Let’s try to Recover Email OneDrive SharePoint data. Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange allows you to save any items as Microsoft Exchange Mail Document (.msg) files. To save your Office 365 Mail (Exchange data), do the following:
- In the navigation pane select a folder containing required items.
- In the preview pane, choose items you want to save. You can also use the Search field to find particular items.
- Go to the Items tab and click Save Items > Save to <folder_name>. You can also use the corresponding context menu command. A <folder_name> name depends on the latest location that was used when saving items. By default, files will be saved with the same name as the subject of the mail item.
How to Save/Restore SharePoint File using Veeam Explorer for SharePoint? I have explained this save options in the video tutorial above.
Veeam Product Documentation – Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 2.0