In this post, you will learn about the available Application deployment options in SCCM. Application deployment has two options to select the deployment to use when a client uses a distribution point from the neighbor boundary group or the default site boundary group.
In SCCM Application deployment options, you can specify if clients should download the application when using a distribution point from a neighbor or the default site boundary groups.
You might also be experienced If the client is stuck downloading an application or fails to download the application content. Here in the post below section, you will know how to validate or change the deployment options when you experience application download failures.
Applications Deployment Options
There are two deployment options available in the content tab for an application. Let’s check the options available
- Do not Download Content – Select this option to do not download content when an application runs (Default)
- Download Content from Distribution point and run locally – Specify that clients download the application content from the distribution point and run it locally when they use a distribution point from a neighbor or the default site boundary groups.
Modify Existing Application Deployment Options
To change the deployment options for the existing application, Follow the below steps –
In the Configuration Manager console, go to the Software Library workspace, expand Application Management, and select Applications.
Select an existing application and select the Deployment Types tab. Right-click on the existing deployment type and select Properties.
- Switch to the Content tab, Under Deployment options, you can specify if clients should download the application when using a distribution point from a neighbor or the default site boundary groups.
- By default, this setting is Do not download content.
When you view the properties of a deployment type, the following options appear on the Content tab –
- Allow clients to use distribution points from the default site boundary group: Specify if clients should download and install the software from a distribution point in the site default boundary group when the content isn’t available from a distribution point in the current or neighbor boundary groups.
- Deployment options – You can change the Deployment options. Click Apply and Ok to apply the changes.
Additional Tips – If the client is stuck downloading an application or fails to download the application content, Ensure it’s distributed to a distribution point.
If you can’t configure a boundary for a client, or if a specific boundary group can’t be a member of another boundary group, change the Deployment options to Download content from the distribution point and run locally. Hopefully, this will help you to resolve the Application download failure issues.
- Create applications in Configuration Manager
- SCCM Application Supported Deployment Types | ConfigMgr | Endpoint Manager