SCCM Untrusted Forest Issues Require the Site server to Initiate Connection. Have you ever noticed importance of the option “Require the site server to Initiate Connection to this Site System” in Site System Properties?
Is this option really useful? Yes, it’s very important and useful when you’re deploying Remote Site Systems to untrusted forest/s.
SCCM Untrusted Forest Issues Require the Site server to Initiate Connection
If you think about untrusted forest scenario, there is “no way” the remote site system can contact your site server (by default). Whereas, site server can initiate connection with remote site system using “site system installation account”.
- Navigate – \Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Servers and Site System Roles
- Right-Click on Site System role
- Select the properties
- Click on General Tab
- Enable Require the site server to initiate connections to this system option
- Click on Use another account for installing this site system
- Enter User name and password of remote servers local admin
Once you select “the site server to initiate connection” option for a remote site system. The site server initiate a connection and it will copy all the required files to respective folders in site server.
More details about the log files where you can verify the details whether the remote site system is in PULL mode or PUSH mode. SCCM Untrusted Forest Issues Require the Site server to Initiate Connection ConfigMgr MEMCM?
- Log file = mpfdm.log (MP File Dispatch Manager)
- Default Location of the log file in Remote Site System = \SMS\Logs
- Default Location of the log file in Site Server = Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs
- Remote Site System = acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com
- mpfdm.log file @ site server
- acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com is pushing files. Mode must be pull.
- Pulling files from acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com. Mode must be pull.
- Starting pull jobs for acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com.
- PULL:Moving 1 *.SUM file(s) from \\acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com\C$\SMS\MP\OUTBOXES\sitestat.box\ to D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\sitestat.box\.
- Moved file \\acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com\C$\SMS\MP\OUTBOXES\sitestat.box\lgexcktm.SUM to D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\sitestat.box\lgexcktm.SUM
mpfdm.log file @ Remote site system (acncmrsite.remote.configmgr.com)
- Remote site is in pull-mode.
- Stopping all push jobs.
- Site Server to initiate connection option is not required if you don’t have any forest trust related issues.