Fix SCCM Upgrade resulting in MP issue. If you have trouble with your Management Point after the SCCM upgrade (updated with detailed steps and info regarding WSUS)
- Stop SCCM services (i.e. SMS_EXECUTIVE, SMS_SERVER_LOCATOR_POINT, etc)
- Remove SMS Management, Software Updates and Reporting Point roles
- Uninstall WSUS 3.0 SP2 (don’t remove updates, logs, and WSUS database)
- Remove the Windows Process Activation Service feature (it will remove IIS)
- Reboot server
- Stop SCCM services
- Reinstall IIS, required IIS role services by SCCM, and required features (BITS Server Extensions and Remote Differential Compression)
- Reinstall WSUS 3.0 SP2
- You might need to repair or reinstall the WebDAV extensions for IIS
- Reinstall SCCM Management, Reporting, and Software Updates Point roles.
- I checked mpMSI.log and MPSetup.log and a reboot was required
- Optional: if your boot images are not updated, reassign your Task Sequences to use the new ones and inject the right drivers into them.
NOTE: If your SCCM site is in Native mode you need to remember to configure your SSL certificate for the IIS SSL bindings (HTTPS for whatever port you are using).