System Center Products Moved to Semi-Annual Channel But NOT SCCM Configuration Manager ConfigMgr. Microsoft moved another suite of products also into the Semi-Annual channel of releases. A few months back, Windows 10 also moved to Semi-Annual channel releases.
So it seems Microsoft is trying to streamline the release management channel for all their products. I don’t think SCCM is included in these Semi-Annual channel updates. But it’s interesting to see that Neowin reported that SCCM is also part of the Semi-Annual channel.
I agree that the SCCM is part of System Center Products as per Microsoft’s official site here. But SCCM doesn’t follow the semi-annual channel of release. Instead, SCCM follows 4 monthly update channel.
Microsoft never mentioned that System Center Semi-Annual release management applies SCCM. It’s clear that only other products like DPM, SCOM, VMM, Orchestrator, SM, SMA, and SPF are moved to the semi-annual update channels.
Microsoft System Center offers enterprise-class data center management for your heterogeneous IT environments. System Center, version 1801 (semi-annual channel) and download the evaluation version.There is NO download available for SCCM on the list.
Following is the list of available Downloads
- SCOM_1801_EN.exe, SCOM_1801_ES.exe, SCOM_1801_PT-PT.exe, SCOM_1801_SV.exe, SCOM_1801_RU.exe, SCOM_1801_FR.exe, SCOM_1801_CS.exe, SCOM_1801_KO.exe, SCOM_1801_PT-BR.exe, SCOM_1801_PL.exe, SCOM_1801_NL.exe, SCOM_1801_IT.exe,
- SCOM_1801_CN.exe, SCOM_1801_TW.exe, SCOM_1801_TR.exe
- SCOM_1801_DE.exe, SCOM_1801_HU.exe, SCOM_1801_JA.exe
- SCDPM_1801.exe, SCVMM_1801.exe, SCO_1801.exe, SCSM_1801.exe
- SCSM_Auth_1801.exe, SCSM_x86_1801.exe
- System Center Operations Manager: Monitor health, capacity, and usage across applications, workloads, and infrastructure.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager: Deploy and manage your virtualized, software-defined datacenter with a comprehensive solution for networking, storage, compute, and security
- System Center Data Protection Manager: Protect your data with backup, storage, and recovery for private cloud deployments, physical machines, clients, and server applications.
- System Center Orchestrator: Automate your datacenter tasks; efficiently create and execute runbooks using native PowerShell scripts.
- System Center Service Manager: Automated service delivery tool for incident resolution, change control, and asset lifecycle management.
- System Center Endpoint Protection: Protect client and server operating systems against the latest malware threats; built on System Center Configuration Management for unified control.
What’s New in System Center 1801
- What’s New in Data Protection Manager 1801
- What’s New in SCOM 1801
- What’s New in VMM 1801
- What’s New in Orchestrator 1801
- What’s New in SM 1801
- What’s New in SMA 1801
- What’s New in SPF 1801
System Center 1801 Release Notes
- Data Protection Manager DPM 1801 Release Notes
- OpsMgr SCOM 1801 Release Notes
- Orchestrator 1801 Release Notes
- Service Manager SM 1801 Release Notes
- Service Management Automation SMA 1801 Release Notes
- Service Provider Foundation SPF 1801 Release Notes
- Virtual Machine Manager VMM 1801 Release Notes
Anoop is Microsoft MVP! He is a Solution Architect in enterprise client management with more than 20 years of experience (calculation done in 2021) in IT. He is Blogger, Speaker, and Local User Group HTMD Community leader. His main focus is on Device Management technologies like SCCM 2012, Current Branch, and Intune. He writes about ConfigMgr, Windows 11, Windows 10, Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, Windows 365, AVD, etc……………