The focus on Windows security verticals is changing very fast. Traditional security tools might have many challenges with modern technologies based on the cloud.
You might need to revamp the digital security strategy. You will learn high-level details about Microsoft’s digital security strategy from this post.
Modern technologies could pose verity of new security challenges for your organization. From this post, you will get the overview of Windows Security Verticals and Windows 10 security related webinar details for SCCM admins.
Digital Security Strategy
Microsoft is helping the organization speed up its digital security strategy by sharing its experience with cloud technology adoption. Modern world digital security presents a variety of challenges for modern enterprises.
More details are available in the resources section of this blog. The following are the five(5) investment pillars of Windows security strategy shared by Microsoft’s internal IT.
- Risk Management
- Security Monitoring
- Penetration Tests, etc
- Identity Management
- Credential Management
- Administrator Role Services, etc
- Device Health
- Endpoint Protection
- Vulnerability Management, etc
- Data and Telemetry
- Security Monitoring
- Threat Protection, etc
- Information Protection
- Data Loss Prevention
- Data Leakage Prevention
Windows Security Verticals
Let’s focus on Windows security verticals now. There are many Windows 10 security enhancements with the latest version, 1809. You have to ensure that all Windows devices are secured on all the security verticals.
The following is the list of Windows Security Vertical that you need to take care of:
- Threat Protection with Windows 10 Security features and 3rd party products.
- Data Leakage Protection with 3rd party proxy solutions. I can be an on-prem or cloud-based solution.
- Remote Access protection with VPN. You can use Per-App VPN, Always-on VPN, and traditional Device-based VPN.
- User personas and Elevation of Privileges – Define elevation of privileges with each user personas.
Windows Security Webinar
Many parts of Windows security verticals with more SCCM-related topics will be explained in the upcoming webinar by Adaptiva.
Microsoft MVPs Paul Winstanley and Maurice Daly will help you keep your devices safe in a rough-and-tumble IT landscape.
- Strategy for digital security at Microsoft
- Microsoft has a threat protection architecture. Ignite Session Videos.