ConfigMgr SCCM Cloud DP More Details? Are you looking for more details about cloud-based DPs? The cloud-based DPs are introduced in CM2012 SP1. You may get some details from Kerim Hanif‘s post here.
Latest Cloud DP details for ConfigMgr CB – Download Content Using Cloud Management Gateway – Anoopcnair.com
So, what are the points he covered in the post?
ConfigMgr SCCM Cloud DP More Details
1. Advantages of Using Cloud-Based Distribution Points.
– Hardware/software updates and reliability:Cloud-Based DPs are hosted in Windows Azure and Windows Azure promises 99.9 % uptime guarantee. You don’t need to manage hardware and Software update of the server.
– Performance and Size: Again Windows Azure promises to provide better performance and it also gives the option for purchasing extra small size as per your requirements. ConfigMgr SCCM Cloud DP More Details.
– Access from all around the world: You can select the Microsoft DCs in required geographical locations so that the content will be easily accessible to the clients.
– Security: Again, this promises HTTPS communication and Encryption with unique key to your organization.
2. Cost involved in Cloud-Based Distribution Points. ConfigMgr SCCM Cloud DP More Details?
– Web and Worker Role Instances : Basically, it depends upon which plan you select. For example Extra Small (XS). Once you select a plan there will be a CONSTANT Cost.
– Storage (Geo Redundant): The charge will be as per the size of the content that you use. This will be a variable cost as per your monthly usage.
– Bandwidth: The charges will be based on the download of the content. How many clients are download the content etc..This is also a Variable Cost.
3. Limitations of Cloud-Based Distribution Points. ConfigMgr SCCM Cloud DP More Details?
– We can’t enable OSD or PXE point on Cloud Based DPs. ConfigMgr SCCM Cloud DP More Details?
– No, there is no support for Task Sequence (both Application and OSD deployments) in Cloud Based DPs.
– No, APP-V Streaming won’t work.
– Cloud Dps can’t act as source for Pull DPs.