Let’s learn to configure Intune Company Portal Application Icon using Intune aka Endpoint Manager. Microsoft Intune company portal provides a lot of branding options for Applications to provide a better user experience. Most organizations use a company portal for deploying the applications as available. This helps to avoid a lot of overheads with required applications.
Applications are represented with an icon that provides information with icons users can quickly adapt to, making it more comfortable to use from the company portal. Users can see all the available applications in the company portal with product icons ensures users familiar with the interface when accessing applications.
There are several ways to do this. If you want to provide a better end-user experience from Company Portal, let’s look at the steps to configure Intune company portal branding
Related Posts – Intune Application Deployment using MSI EXE IntuneWin Formats
How to Add Intune Company Portal Application Icon
You can use the following procedure to add or change an icon associated with the selected application directly from the Properties pane of the Application node in the MEM Admin Portal.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- Select Apps > Windows.
Important – Make sure you have collected or downloaded the icon file (.ico) for the Applications manufacturer and copied it to device. Once you have your icons ready, you can now add them to your applications in Intune.
Select the existing application from the list for you want to specify an icon. Select the application and select Properties.
Click on Edit in the App Information to specify the logo for the application.
- Under Edit application properties, Scroll down and select the Logo option, Click on Select image.
- Under Logo, select Browse to upload an icon for this application. Icons can have pixel dimensions of up to 256×256 making them suitable for high-dpi displays. This icon is displayed with the app when users browse through the company portal.
- Once you have selected the icon file for your application, it should appear as shown below. Click OK to confirm.
- A notification will appear automatically in the top right-hand corner with a message. Here you can see, The image was uploaded successfully.
Add Icon from Create Application Wizard
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Select Apps > Windows > Add.
- On the Select app type pane, under the Other app types, select Windows app (Win32). Click Select. The Add app steps appear.
- On the App information page, add the details for your app.
- Select Logo to upload an icon that’s associated with the app. This icon is displayed with the app when users browse through the company portal. and then finish all steps of the Application wizard.
End User Experience – Application Icon in Company Portal
Let’s check the end-user experience of Application Icon in Company Portal.
- Launch Company Portal on Windows Device that you manage.
- Here you see the application with the proper icon configured above, providing the best visibility about the application, making it more user-friendly to use from Company Portal –
About Author -> Jitesh has over 5 years of working experience in the IT Industry. He writes and shares his experiences related to Microsoft device management technologies and IT Infrastructure management. His primary focus area is Windows 10 Deployment solution with Configuration Manager, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Microsoft Intune.