Let’s learn how to Customize ConfigMgr Software Center appearance. With the version of SCCM 2103, Microsoft provides one of the best branding options for the Software Center. There are options to change the font colors within the software center.
I heard from many Admins/IT Pros that each of the entities within the same organization have their own unique branding requirements. SCCM provides flexibility to change the appearance of the Software Center to meet those branding requirements.
Most organizations use a software center for deploying the applications as available. This helps to avoid a lot of overheads with required applications. Users can see all the available applications in the software center. I have a post about the difference between SCCM Software Center and Client Applet.
Software Center FAQs
Let’s check some of the quick FAQs of Software Center. You can launch the Software Center from Windows 10 computer by pressing Start and type
What is SCCM Software Center?
Software center is the application used along with SCCM client to install applications, patches, Windows upgrades.
How to Customize ConfigMgr Software Center?
How to use different Software Center Branding within same SCCM infra?
You can create different client settings policies and deploy it to different device collections.
Do we need to Install the Software Center application? Or is it automatically installed?
Yes, Software Center is automatically installed on Windows devices that are managed by ConfigMgr (a.k.a SCCM).
Customize Software Center
Let’s understand how to customize Software Center to specify company branding. The following steps help you to customize the organization’s branding.
- Launch ConfigMgr Console using the account that has appropriate access to change the client settings.
- Navigate to \Administration\Overview\Client Settings.
- Select the client settings that you want to customize.
- Right-click on the Client Settings policy and select properties.
- Make sure Software Center is selected from General tab.
- Click on the Software Center tab.
- Select the User Portal -> Software Center.
- Select these new Settings to Specify Company Information -> Yes.
- Software Center Settings -> Click on Customize button to start the branding.
Software Center Branding Options?
Now, let’s look at the branding options for Software Center. You can click on Customize button from the above client settings policy window to start the branding of the software center.
- From the General Tab, you can configure the branding information.
- Company Name – Enter the Company Name you want to show in the Software Center – HTMD Blog.
- Color Scheme for Software Center – Select color scheme for the software center – In the below example, I have selected BLACK color.
NOTE! – Color scheme is to set the primary color that Software Center uses.
Foreground color for Software Center – You can configure a custom color for the foreground font. This is basically the FONT color in all software center. I used a special/custom blue color.
- Select a Company logo for Software Center – The following are the supporting details.
- Supported files – JPG, PNG, or BMP.
- GIF is still not supported.
- The dimensions of the picture should be 400 x 100 pixels.
- Maximum size of 750 KB.
- Supported files – JPG, PNG, or BMP.
Deploy Software Center Client Settings Policy
Now, it’s time to deploy client settings policy to a device collection with new branding changes.
- Right-click on the Client Settings policy and select Deploy.
- Select one of the Device Collection from the list.
- Click OK to finish the deployment.
Results – Client Side
Let’s check how is the branding information appears in Software Center at the client side (Windows 10). All the settings configured above works fine with customization of Software Center.
- Company Name – HTMD Blog.
- Color Scheme for Software Center – Black color scheme.
- Foreground Font Color – Light Blue font color for all the software center.
- Company Logo – software Center shows the logo.