Let’s understand how to receive Push Messages in the ConfigMgr Console (Enable SCCM Console Notification from Microsoft | ConfigMgr). ConfigMgr 2006 version gives an option to choose to receive notifications from Microsoft in the ConfigMgr console.
Why Receive Push Messages?
The push messages are coming from Microsoft. These notifications messages help you stay informed about new or updated features, changes to ConfigMgr and attached services, and issues that require action to remediate.
Prerequisites Receive Push Messages in the ConfigMgr Console
The following is the prerequisite to receive the Microsoft Push Messages in the ConfigMgr console. The same URL should be accessible for updates and servicing.
- ConfigMgr Site Server 2006 or later
- ConfigMgr console 2006 or later
- Service connection point needs access to configmgrbits.azureedge.net
Enable Push Messages
Let’s see how to enable push messages in the Configuration Manager console.
- Navigate to \Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites
- Select the CAS / Standalone Primary server site
- Right-click on the site server – select Properties
- Click on the Alerts tab to enable push messages in the admin console
- Select the following options
- Prevent/fix: Known issues affecting your organization that may require you to take action
- Plan for change: Changes to Configuration Manager that may require you to take action
- Stay informed: Informs you of new or updated features that are available
Results – Enable SCCM Console Notification from Microsoft
I’ve not seen push messages from Microsoft in the admin console. I envision loads of push notification messages in the console with the future versions. We shall see hotfix release updates in the console. I think this feature would be very useful for the community.