Sneak peak of Brad Anderson’s session Modern management: How/why you do it now (Ignite 2019). All the screenshots are taken from his demo and slides.
NOTE! – I have updated the post to include other sessions linked below.
Ignite 2019 Coverage
- Microsoft Endpoint Management SCCM Intune Windows Updates (this post)
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager is the future of SCCM Intune MEMMI MEMCM
- iOS Android macOS Mobile Enrollment Options with Intune
- Basics of Windows Dynamic Update Explained Update Management
- WVD End User Experience Availability Updates
- MSIX Updates from Ignite Reliability Network Disk-space
- Microsoft Learning Certification Exams Updates
- On-Prem WVD Options Azure Quantum Qualys Scan Integration
- Intune Reporting Strategies Advanced Reporting
Microsoft Move to Modern Management. The real world experience of Microsoft IT.
SCCM License = Intune License (NOT in all scenarios)
If you already have an SCCM license you are licensed to use Intune for co-management of Windows.
- Announcing new SCCM Intune co-management licensing
- Cloud Attach SCCM PCs without an Intune License (co-managed)
- SCCM SA and AAD P1 required
- December 1, 2019
- Set up your AAD tenant (already there if you use Office 365)
- User SCCM to enable co-management
- See your PCs in Microsoft Endpoint Manager
Microsoft Endpoint Management Portal Experience
Unified experience of MEM powered portal to manage SCCM and Intune managed devices.
SCCM CMPivot and Inventory in MEM Intune Portal
Let’s see how you can the inventory of SCCM managed (not co-managed) device inventory and CMPivot in Intune MEM console.
Intune Configuration to use SCCM DP
- Intune Configuration to use SCCM DP for Package source content
Windows Error Reporting Analysis
Security and Management team work together
Microsoft Compliance Score – GDPR Score
Microsoft Compliance Score – Private Preview Microsoft Productivity Score: Insights that transform how work gets done
Be Microsoft Native to improve the user experience.
Endpoint Manager – User Experience Analytics Options
Analytics by Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Startup performance
- Proactive remediation
- Recommended Software
Group Policy Migration Options
Intune Reporting Improvements
More Details on Intune reporting enhancement from Microsoft Ignite https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Enterprise-Mobility-Security/Microsoft-Intune-announces-powerful-new-reporting-framework/ba-p/964256
Path to Modern Management
- Microsoft Managed Desktops (MMD)
- Customers not using SCCM -> Directly to Intune
- Customers using SCCM -> SCCM Intune Cloud attach
- Customers Using SCCM -> Cloud attach & provision all new devices as “Cloud Only”
Device Firmware Configuration Interface
Device Firmware Configuration Interface (DFCI) – Intune – Microsoft Endpoint Manager. More details https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Surface-IT-Pro-Blog/Ignite-2019-Announcing-remote-management-of-Surface-UEFI/ba-p/978333
Dell Warranty Information – Microsoft Endpoint M
How to take action?