This is a quick post about the iPhone iOS 8.1 device Enrollment Process. First of all your infrastructure should be ready to support iPhone IOS 8.1 enrollment. In this post, I’m going to provide the steps you need to follow in the phone to enroll the iPhone IOS 8.1 into SCCM + Intune infrastructure. See here for more details Windows Phone environment. I tried to connect or project the iPhone iOS 8.1 with Airplay but IOS 8.1 and Airplay had some problem. I couldn’t find any solution for the same hence the quality of the screenshots are NOT very nice in this post.
I couldn’t show iPhone enrollment process in Bangalore ITPro User Group meeting presentation (as I don’t have any iPhone) hence I thought of borrowing friend’s iPhone to build this post. Your SCCM/ConfigMgr Intune infrastructure should be enabled for iOS support. Follow the process to enable iOS enrollment for iPhone devices.
Specify the Apple Push Notification service (APNs) certificate to be used to manage iOS devices. In oder to an APN certificate, you must follow these steps.
1. Download a Certificate Signing Request from Windows Intune using the Request APNs cerficate Service Request dialog box in the Configuration Manager console.
2. Submit the Certificate Signing Request to the Apple Push Certificate Portal and download the APNs certificate.
3. Upload the APNs certificate to Windows Intune by specifying the location of the APNs certificate.
Following are the steps you need to follow on iPhone iOS8.1 to get the device enrolled to SCCM / ConfigMgr!
1. First of all you need to tap on App Store in your iPhone iOS8.1, Search for “Microsoft Intune Company Portal” as you can see it’s a free (tan on FREE button) application. Tap on INSTALL button. The Microsoft Intune Company Portal application will get downloaded and installed on to your device.
2. Once the “Microsoft Intune Company Portal” is installed on your iPhone iOS 8.1 then tap on open button on the screen to open up the application. Sign In to Microsoft Intune Company portal with your Email ID and Password which has enrollment access and tap on Sign In button.
3. Once you signed in, You’ll be able to see your company application portal (my company Name is Anoop’s). Tap on the FLAG symbol in the Microsoft Intune Company Portal. On the next page tap on “Add” button to add your device for the enrollment.
4. Your iPhone iOS 8.1 may ask to sign in with eMail ID and password. Your device will go and connect to the portal named portal.manage.microsoft.com.In the next page, you need to install profile or Management Profile for iPhone iOS 8.1 device. (Initially Management Profile installation for iPhone iOS 8.1 got failed. Restarted the phone and started the process again).
Tap on Install button this will guide you to the next page and on the next page, Tap on the “Trust” button. Remote Management : Do you trust this Profile’s source to enrol your iPhone into remote management ?
5. Management Profile Installation completed successfully tap on the Done button. Here come the Microsoft Intune Company portal (Anoop’s). You can see that Kuku Kube (Web application) is already published on to the company portal.
Ok, that is it. You’ve successfully enrolled iPhone iOS 8.1 to Intune + SCCM 2012 infrastructure !!
As you can see in the console below the iPhone iOS 8.1 is assigned to my SCCM primary site IN0 and the client is active. It also shows the version details as iOS 8.1.