This is the easiest option to find collection members for a device in SCCM (a.k.a ConfigMgr). I have seen much feedback from the community that SCCM admins love to have an option to view the collection membership of a device from the admin console itself.
You don’t have to use the PowerShell script to find collection members for a device in SCCM. The collection’s membership feature for a device is already available in the admin console itself. The above feature is different from the devices/users of a collection (i.e., device/user membership of a collection).
Let’s understand the basics of collection and the different collections before getting to the membership details. Learn How to Create Direct Membership Collection in ConfigMgr. Learn How to create dynamic user collections.
Find Collection Members for a Device in SCCM
Let’s understand how to find collection members for a device in SCCM. This collection membership feature is only available for device collections.
NOTE! – The collection member for a user option is NOT available only for user collections.
Let’s go through the following steps to get the SCCM collection members of a device:
- Open Configuration Manager console.
- Navigate \Assets and Compliance\Overview\Devices
- You can also Search for a device from any collection.
- Select a Device (Prod-Win20 is the device).
- Check the botton of the console – there are different tabs available:
- Client Check Details
- Malware Detail
- Antimalware Policies
- Client Settings
- Click on Collections tab to find out the collection members of a device.
Now, it’s time to check the device collections that the device is part of. A device record can be part of many collections. These collections can be dynamic device collections or static device collections.
Static device collections are based on the direct membership of the devices. However, the dynamic device collections are based on dynamic WQL queries.
NOTE! – The prod-Win20 device is part of many device collections, as you can see in the below screen capture.
- Walkthrough of SCCM Console
- How to Promote Pre-Production SCCM Client to Production
- SQL query to find application ad group name and collection name in sccm