Let’s see how to fix SCCM Report Server cannot Open a Connection to the Report Server Database Error. Configuration Manager has rich capabilities to collect lots of information from endpoints. Once collected this information is stored in the ConfigMgr SQL DB and retrieved through SSRS reports.
The SSRS report was giving the following error “The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database“.
The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. The log on failed. (rsReportServerDatabaseLogonFailed) Get Online Help The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. The log on failed. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help The user name or password is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)
FIX SSRS Reporting Issue
Let’s check now how to fix this issue name or password is incorrect. I’m trying to check the DB connectivity using the following tool. Also, don’t miss the notes section below.
- Launch SQL server Reporting Services Configuration Manager from the start menu
- Click on the Find button to check the available servers and Report server instances
- Click on the Connect button to continue.
- Make sure the SQL reporting service is running.
NOTE! – Report Server Web Service is not configured. Default values have been provided to you. To access these default simply press the APPLY button, else change them and then press Apply.
- Wait to complete the configuration of web service URL for SSRS reporting service.
- Now the configuration is completed.
- Click on Exit button.
- Click on Database
- Click on Change Credentials
NOTE! – Because it was giving the wrong user name or password error, you need to click on change credentials and enter the correct user name and password.
- Click on Test Connection
- Click on Next button
- Enter the user name and password
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- Click on the Finish button.
NOTE! – This wizard won’t check the user name and password whether it’s incorrect or not. So be careful.
- Click on Exit button.
After changing the user name and password, you might get a different error if you have not configured the reporting service point role. You need to make sure that you configure A reporting services point from the Configuration Manager console.
- Video Setup Configure SCCM CB Reporting Services Point
- Configure reporting in Configuration Manager
- List of SCCM 2012 Default Reports