Let’s see the easiest method to find out the list of SCCM client settings assigned for a device in ConfigMgr console. The list of client settings feature is useful for troubleshooting scenarios. You can check which are the client settings.
You don’t have to use the PowerShell script or SQL query to find out the list of client settings for a device in SCCM. The client settings list can be accessed from the SCCM admin console itself. The client setting is the place to configure SCCM client policies from the server-side.
You can modify default client settings when you want to configure settings for all users and devices in your ConfigMgr hierarchy. You can create a custom settings policy to deploy specific policies to a small set of devices or users.
Where is Client Settings Configurations?
You can configure client settings from the Client Settings node of the Administration workspace in the console.
NOTE! I recommend changing default client settings instead of creating a custom client policy if you want to change client settings.
Find List of SCCM Client Settings Assigned for a Device
Let’s find the list of SCCM client settings assigned for a device from ConfigMgr console itself. You can’t get the list of collections of a user from the SCCM console. However, you can get the list of client settings for a user as well. I have explained this scenario in the below section of this post.
- Open Configuration Manager console.
- Navigate \Assets and Compliance\Overview\DevicesYou can also Search for a device from any collection.
- Select a Device (Prod-Win20 is the device).
- Check the botton of the console – there are 5 different tabs available:Summary
- Client Check Details
- Malware Detail
- Antimalware Policies
- Client Settings
- Click on Client Settings to find out the client settings assigned of a device.
Once you are there in the Client Settings tab, you can see all the assigned client settings. The list of client settings assigned for a device called Prod-Win20 is given below.
- Default Client Settings
- HTMD Client Policy
- Primary User
Find List of SCCM Client Settings Assigned for a User
Now you can check the client settings assigned for a user from the admin console. This is useful for troubleshooting issues on policy settings for users in SCCM.
- Walkthrough of SCCM Console
- Find Collection Members for a Device in SCCM ConfigMgr Easiest Method
- How to configure client settings in Configuration Manager