Let’s check the new features of Windows 10 22H2 and the issues fixed with the 22H2 version of Windows 10. Microsoft announced the availability of Windows 10 version 22 H2 is now rolling out to all suitable devices worldwide. The feature update can be installed using the system settings.
There is no specific launching date for Windows 10 22H2 (2022 Update). However, it is available from 18th October 2022 as a free update for compatible devices. This is the 13th number feature update that provides a little bit of improvisation.
Version 22H2 will be a minor update; it’ll download and install as a regular monthly cumulative update without requiring reinstallation for devices already running version 21H2, 21H1, or 20H2. This recent update is only available for the Windows 11 20H2; the latter devices are shown above.
You can also use SCCM or Intune to upgrade to the last version (probably) of Windows 10. This update is done via Enablement Package (KB5015684); hence, a complex upgrade mechanism is not required. Windows 11 22H2 has more features and improvements and that is the most recommended OS from Microsoft for now.
If anyone is interested, please check for the available release. Visit the Windows Update Settings, and from there, you will be able to update the system. The details for installation and the features are discussed accordingly in this post.
- Windows 10 22H2 Group Policy Settings Complete Guide Download
- Security Settings for Windows 11 Hardening options
Available New Features of Windows 10 22H2
Microsoft officially announced the availability of Windows 10 22H2 on 18 October 2022. The update is a free download for existing Windows 10 users. Microsoft added some features to develop the user experience. From 13th December 2022, the updates for Windows 10, 21H1 version will not be available. The details of Windows 10 22H2 are discussed below; please look.
The funny thing is Microsoft is loud about the October Windows 11 feature drop; however, the company is not sharing the details of the new stuff coming to Windows 10 in 22H2. It’s logical to pull more customers towards Windows 11 as Windows 10 support ending will be nearer in 2025.
It is safe to say that no big improvements should be expected from this update. This update is just maintenance of the OS with few changes to notice. These updates are focused on quality, productivity, and security.
How to Get Windows 10 22H2 Update
To update your PC from the old version (21H2, 21H1, or 20H2) to the 22H2 version, you must update manually. Go to your Windows 10 PC settings, then select and click on Update & Security. The Windows Update option is shown to do the following to update.
- Click Check for updates – If there are updates available.
- Click on Download and Install – To install the latest updates
NOTE! – The next version of Windows (Windows 10 22H2) is available with new features and security improvements. When ready for the update, select “Download and Install,” as mentioned above.
After clicking on the Download and Install option, the installation process will begin, and it will take some time to install. During the installation process, do not turn off your device; the installation will be complete. You can choose the installation time to do your activities without interruption.
From 18th October’2022, Windows 10 version 22H2 be available for all devices from versions 20H2, 21H1, and 21H2. After that, the next cumulative update is the x64-based System (KB5018482). This cumulative update is available from 25th October’2022.
Click the download and install for cumulative update preview for Windows 10 Version 22H2; this will take a little bit of time to install on your device. After completion of the installation, there is a message that the Restart is required for the device.
After restarting, all the updates are now featured on your device. You can also check what the updates installed in your system are. For more about the 2022 Update rollout, known issues, and new information, click here for Windows release health.
A list of updates is available for users to check the installation updates. The updates include the basic updates listed below:
- Quality Updates
- Definition Updates
- Other Updates
Quality Updates for Windows 10 22H2
In the quality updates, new feature patches are available for windows, as listed below, as illustrated in the image.
- 2022-10 Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64-based System (KB5018482)
- 2022-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based System (KB4023057)
Definition Updates for Windows 10 22H2
In the Definition updates, windows develop its Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus (KB2267602) listed below:
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.868.0)
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.818.0)
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.550.0)
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.531.0)
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.471.0)
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.465.0)
- Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Version 1.377.347.0)
Other Updates for Windows 10 22H2
This is the last update for Windows 10 21H2. Other updates show the required installation of such updates, which is necessary for your device, are listed below:
- 2022-10 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8, and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 (KB5018858)
- 2022-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8, and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 (KB5018545)
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 – v5.106 (KB890830)
IT Tools Support Windows 10 22H2
Windows 10 22H2 is a scoped release focused on quality improvements to the overall Windows experience in existing feature areas such as quality, productivity, and security. For devices running Windows 10, versions 20H2, 21H1, or 21H2.
Microsoft released the following tools to support the release of Windows 10, version 22H2.
- Windows 10 22H2 Security baseline
- Download the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit to access, analyze, test, store, and apply Microsoft-recommended security configuration baselines.
- Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10, version 22H2, are natively accessible via the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ folder in Windows.
- Group Policy: Group Policy Settings Reference Spreadsheet for Windows 10 2022 Update (22H2)
Resolved Issues in Windows 10 22H2
There is an issue such as Possible issues caused by the Daylight Savings Time change in Jordan, which are resolved in this new update.
|Summary||Originating update||Status||Date Resolved|
|Domain join processes may fail with the error “0xaac (2732).”|
This might be encountered when an account was created by a different identity than the one used to join the domain.
|OS Build 19041.2130|
|Microsoft OneDrive might unexpectedly close|
You might be unable to sign out or unlink your OneDrive account and sites or folders from Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
|OS Build 19041.2130|
|Possible issues caused by Daylight Savings Time change in Jordan|
The Jordanian government announced a Daylight Saving Time (DST) change for winter 2022.
|The update might fail to install, and you might receive a 0x800f0922 error|
Security update for Secure Boot DBX might fail to install.
Alok is a Master of Computer Applications (MCA) graduate. He loves writing on Windows 11 and related technologies. He likes to share his knowledge, quick tips, and tricks with Windows 11 or Windows 10 with the community.