Let’s check the SCCM Client SCCM Client Push Installation Status Using SQL Query. You can use different methods to install the ConfigMgr client software. I have an article that describes client push installation status using SQL query.
Client push installation is one of the easiest methods to install the SCCM client on a Windows 10 device. The Client installation process is explained via superflow in the article Troubleshoot SCCM Issues with SuperFlow. Learn how to install the SCCM client manually on Windows 10 machine.
Learn more about Client push installation from the following post “Install ConfigMgr Client Using Client Push Installation Method“.
NOTE! – Configuration Manager tries to install the client on all discovered resources. It retries any failures for up to seven days.
Once you have initiated the client push installation method. You can track the status of the client push installation using the following query.
- Open the SQL Management Studio.
- Click on the New Query button.
- Select the CM_MEM database from the drop-down menu.
- MEM is the ConfigMgr site code.
- Copy the following SQL query to find the client push status.
- Click on the Execute button.
Select * from V_CP_MACHINE
Results – SCCM Client Push Installation Status Using SQL Query
Following is the result of the SQL query to find out the status of the client Push Installation! The columns highlighted in the first table are important to understand the retry and other things.
|Description||Number of Process Attempts||Error Event Created||Status|
|Last Error Code||Push Site|
|Description||Number of Attempts||Error Event Created||Status|
Stored Procedure for Client Push Method
Let’s understand the stored procedure that are used as part ConfigMgr client push installation method. The following is the list of stored procedures associated with client push installation method.
- sp_CP_SetLastErrorCode sp_CP_SetLatest
- How to Perform SCCM AD Discovery Install SCCM Client
- Windows Firewall and port settings for clients in Configuration Manager
- ConfigMgr Client push installation