AVD GA Generally Available World Wide with MSIX AppAttach Feature? Today, Microsoft announced the General Availability of Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD). I think Windows Virtual Desktop is the only VDI service that delivers a multi-session Windows 10 experience.
AVD Experience Estimator Tool
This experience estimator tool is a pretty interesting one. It might be able to help to understand the current experience of WVD VMs. More details – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/virtual-desktop/assessment/
- You can estimate the connection round trip time (RTT) from your current location to each Azure region in which you are able to deploy virtual machines.
- The Azure region recommended is based on connection round trip time (RTT) to your current location.
NOTE! – I’m sure these numbers are going to change soon when Microsoft will have management planes and RD gateways around the world.
Citrix Announcement with WVD Support
The following Citrix announcement – Citrix Workspace, including Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops service, is now available worldwide with support for Windows Virtual Desktop.
Great News with some screenshots from YouTube Video
User Profiles Fslogix
There is a GA announcement of FSLogix release 1909 – Build 2.9.7205.27375.
More details https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/815c5faf-109c-4bc0-8552-7d6137c91b89/release-notes-for-fslogix-release-1909-build-29720527375?forum=FSLogix
MSIX AppAttach for AVD
MSIX App Attach is the App layering feature announced by Microsoft during WVD GA.
Teams Optimization for AVD Azure Virtual Desktop
WVD GA AV Redirection for Teams – Instead of going via traditional host VM to host VM method. Teams will be talking to the clients directly.
- WVD Video Play List ➡➡https://aka.ms/WVDPlaylist
- WVD AMA 28th Aug 2019 Windows Virtual Desktop Microsoft WVD FAQs from AMA
- Microsoft VDI Story WVD Concept Setup Guide Myths Known Issues
- SCCM Intune Support for Persistent Non-Persistent VDI VMs
- How to Connect WVD Remote Desktop Resources Client or Browser?
- WVD Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks