Microsoft released Out of Band Hotfix KB4538166 for Configuration Manager 1910 version. As per the KB article this hotfix fixes three (3) known issues. More details about the fixes are explained in the below post.
Table of Contents
ConfigMgr 1910 Fixes with KB4538166
The following are the issues fixed with the KB article 4538488.
- Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) policy are unable to assign trust to new applications.
- Windows 10 version 1903 and higher do not install as expected after updating to Configuration Manager 1910. Windows 10 1903 updates may fail to install, or may succeed but report a failure status afterward.
- All 1910 ConfigMgr clients immediately upgrade after the site updates successfully.
NOTE! – The update KB 4538166 update replaces the following KB 4538488: Clients immediately upgrade after updating to Configuration Manager 1910. So you don’t have to install KB4538488.
Right click on the hotfix and select Install Update package to start the installation.
- Click on NEXT to continue
- Install Update Package Configuration Manager 1910 Hotfix (KB4538488)
- Prerequisite warnings will be ignored
ConfigMgr Out of Band Hotfix KB4538166
- Install CM1910-KB4538166.ConfigMgr.Update.exe with administrative rights
- The update has been registered. You can deploy this update after it becomes available in the Update node of the console
- Click on Check for Updates and click OK
- ConfigMgr out of band hotfix KB4538166 available “Ready for Install“
- Right-Click on the update for KB4538166 and Select Install Update Pack
- Installation completed successfully for KB4538166
ConfigMgr site version shall be 5.00.8913.1026 (after installation of KB4538488) & 5.00.8913.1027 (after installation of KB4538166).
More details about SCCM versions are available in the previous post – https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-version-numbers-build-number-client/
Navigate through the following path:
- \Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status\Configuration Manager 1910 Hotfix (KB4538488)
- Navigate \Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status\Configuration Manager 1910 Hotfix (KB4538166)
- Client update for Configuration Manager current branch, version 1910 – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4538166/client-update-for-configuration-manager-current-branch-version-1910