WMI is an integral part ofConfigMgr (SCCM). Many SCCM issues could be directly linked with WMI. One of them could be SCCM console connectivity issue like “The ConfigMgr Provider reported an error connecting to the ConfigMgr site database server”.
Update : – I have never tested this for TS export related topic 🙂
This could be because the server don’t have enough WMI memory to handle all the processes (old win2k3 servers).
For More details on __ProviderHostQuotaConfiguration
The solution is to increase the WMI default memory. See, the below steps to achieve the same.
1) Run “wbemtest” on cmd prompt
2) Connect to the “root” namespace (not “root\default”, just “root”)
3) Select Open Instance, and specify “[email protected]”
4) Check “Local Only” for easier readability and you will see the threshold values
5) Change the MemoryPerHost value to something greater – eg. Double it (256 MB)
6) Save Property
7) Save Object
Also, see the Sample VB Script Code:
Dim locator: Set locator = CreateObject(“WbemScripting.SWbemLocator”)
Dim wmi: Set wmi = locator.ConnectServer(“”, “root”)
Dim quota: Set quota = wmi.Get(“[email protected]”)
quota.MemoryPerHost = 384*1024*1024
It’s always better to restart the box after applying this change.