Let’s see how to fix the issue related to SCCM Pre-Release Features are Grayed Out. The option “Turn On” is grayed out when you try to enable the “Orchestration Group” pre-release feature of SCCM. In this post, we learn how to fix this issue.
Related Post – SCCM List of Full Features Vs Pre-Release Features | 2002
Configuration Manager Pre-release features are features that are in the current branch for early testing in a production environment. The Pre-release features are fully supported by Microsoft. Why some features are in still pre-release status for long time?
The only reason that Microsoft provides for a feature being in the pre-release category is because it’s still in active development. Those features might receive changes until they move out of the pre-release category.
Let’s see what is the issue or feature we are trying to fix.
- Navigate to \Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing\Features
- Right-Click on any of the pre-release Feature and select Turn on
- But the Turn on button is Grayed Out as you can see in the below screen capture
Fix Pre-Release Features are Grayed Out
Turn on option is enabled only if you have already given the consent for using pre-release features. So, let’s agree to terms for using pre-release features in your SCCM production environment.
NOTE! – Giving consent is a one-time action per ConfigMgr hierarchy that you can’t undo. And after you turn on a pre-release feature, you can’t turn it off.
- Launch ConfigMgr console
- Go to the Administration workspace, expand Site Configuration, and select the Sites node.
- Click Hierarchy Settings in the ribbon.
- On the General tab of Hierarchy Settings Properties, enable the option to consent to use pre-release features. Click OK.
Turn On – Pre-Release Feature
Let’s turn on the pre-release feature now!
- Navigate to Administration workspace – Updates and Servicing node.
- Click on Features node.
- Select a feature (orchestration group, Application Group, or Task Sequence as an app model deployment type install method), and then click Turn on in the ribbon.
NOTE! – Log File HMAN.log is your friend to check the pre-Release feature related issues. You need to restart the console to make the new pre-release features VISIBLE in the console (after Turn on activity).
Orchestration Group is missing from console? Let’s TURN ON the pre-release feature as mentioned above.
After the restart of the SCCM 2002 console, I could see the pre-release feature “Task Sequence as an app model deployment type install method” available in the console.
- Pre-release features in Configuration Manager
- SCCM 2002 Installation Step by step guide
- ConfigMgr 2002 List of New Features Enhancements MEMCM SCCM