Learn How to Set Time Zone for WVD VMs with Endpoint Manager | Intune. There are PowerShell scripts and Group Policies to change the time zone of Windows Virtual Desktop virtual machines. I think it’s better to give us an time zone option in the WVD VM provisioning template.
I have a post where you get all the list of time zone details that Windows support. Learn how to change the time zone of Windows 10 devices manually. Also, learn how to enable daylight saving settings while changing the Windows 10 time zone. More details Latest Updated List of Windows 10 Time Zone | Codes | TZUTIL.
If you are worried about Intune policies and how to take a trial subscription of Endpoint Manager Intune etc…Learn more about Intune from HTMD free Intune training (63+ episodes).
Create Intune Time Zone Policy for WVD using Settings Catalog
Let’s check how to create Intune Time Zone Policy for WVD VMs. I hope you already have access to create Intune policy.
- Login to Endpoint Manager Intune portal https://endpoint.microsoft.com/#home
- Navigate to Devices -> Windows -> Configuration profiles.
- Click on +Create Profile.
- Select Windows 10 and later as the platform from the drop-down menu.
- Select Settings Catalog from Profile type drop-down menu.
- Start from scratch and select settings you want from the library of available settings
- Click on Create button.
- Enter the Name of the policy – Time Zone for WVD.
- Enter the Description – Set the correct Time zone for WVD VM.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on +Add Settings.
- Settings picker – Use commas “,” among search terms to lookup settings by their keywords.
- Search “Time Zone” from Settings picker.
- Click the Search button.
- Click on Time Language Setting.
- Select check mark – Configure Time Zone.
NOTE! – This is a bit weird that you need to click on cross mark to remove the right-side blade. This could be a bug and go-away once Setting Catalog feature is generally available.
- You need to find out the correct time zone to be applied to WVD devices. This is standard Windows name for the target time zone.
NOTE! – I have a post where you get all the list of time zone details that Windows support. More details Latest Updated List of Windows 10 Time Zone | Codes | TZUTIL.
- I have set the Time Zone “GMT Standard Time” for UK WVD VMs.
- Click on NEXT button.
- Click on +Add groups and select the Azure AD device Group to deploy the Intune policy for settings time zone.
- Click on Next, and Next (scope page).
- Click on Review + Create to complete the creation and assignment process of Intune Time Zone Policy for WVD.
You can check the Windows 10 MDM event logs to confirm whether this time zone policy to devices or not.
Event Logs :- Microsoft->Windows->DeviceManagement-> Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin
Event ID 814 – MDM PolicyManager: Set policy string, Policy: (ConfigureTimeZone), Area: (TimeLanguageSettings), EnrollmentID requesting merge: (3BDA08ED-5D5D-4444-9A8F-586A2E80DAE3), Current User: (Device), String: (GMT Standard Time), Enrollment Type: (0x6), Scope: (0x0).
The following posts might help you troubleshoot issues related to the Intune Settings catalog (and, in general, Intune troubleshooting).
- How to Start Troubleshooting Intune Issues
- Windows 10 MDM Log Checklist
- MDM Diagnostics Tool – Tips & Tricks
- Learn How to Collect Windows 10 Diagnostics Information from Intune Portal | Endpoint Manager
You can check the results from the Endpoint portal (a.k.a Intune portal). You can open up the Windows 10 configuration profile (setting catalog) policy and check the deployment status of the same.
- You can see that on one WVD VM the policy got successfully deployed.