In this post, you will see an end user guide to install & Subscribe Windows RD Client for WVD manually. I will cover the automatic installation of Windows RD Client for WVD in the upcoming posts.
Download RD Client for WVD
- Install the MSI Remote Desktop_***.msi (Admin access is required if you are installing it manually)
NOTE! – I will cover Intune/SCCM installation options of RD client for WVD in the future posts.
- Click Next
- Click on Accept and Next
- Select Install Just for you and click Next
- Click on Finish and Launch
Subscribe RD Client for WVD
- Click on Subscribe Button
NOTE! – MFA options will be available with subscription and AAD Conditional Access
- Sign-in / Login with your user ID with cloud UPN (@howtomanagedevices.com) and click NEXT
NOTE! – This will redirect to the Federated Login Page (AD FS) where you have to enter password (username might automatically get populated) and click Sign-In
- Once successfully signed in with your user ID you would be able to see host pools and remote apps assigned to your user.
- Right Click on the host pool icon to change the display settings (the default settings is FULL Screen). Click on Settings
- Select the following options DISPLAY as per your preference (following is my favorite settings).
- User Default Settings => Off
- Display Settings => Off
- Start in full screen => Off
- Update the resolution on resize => Yes
- Resolution => 200%
- Fit session to Windows => On
- Double click on Host Pool the icon to launch the Remote Desktop. Enter the password and click ok OK.
NOTE! – SSO is coming soon into RD WVD client. More details here.
- Remote Desktop will get connected
How to check the RD Client Update
New versions of Windows RD Client for WVD is automatically updated.
- Check the version of WVD RD Application – Click on (…) About -> Check for Updates to check whether there any update.
Troubleshooting – RD Client for WVD
- Check the version of WVD RD Application – Click on (…) -> Update Status – Click on Update Now.
NOTE! – If there are any error here near update status. You won’t be launch Remote Desktop and Remote Apps
Shortcuts to Launch Remote Desktops and Apps
- WVD Video Play List ➡➡https://aka.ms/WVDPlaylist
- WVD AMA 28th Aug 2019 Windows Virtual Desktop Microsoft WVD FAQs from AMA
- Microsoft VDI Story WVD Concept Setup Guide Myths Known Issues
- SCCM Intune Support for Persistent Non-Persistent VDI VMs
- How to Connect WVD Remote Desktop Resources Client or Browser?
- Troubleshooting overview, feedback, and support
- WVD Identify issues with the diagnostics feature