Recently, I’ve received a mail about WAN network congestion because of data transfer between SCCM ConfigMgr 2012 remote MP and primary site server. We can’t control the network usage between SCCM 2012 Remote MP and SCCM 2012 Primary Server. There is no native throttling mechanism. This is not the topic of this blog post 🙂
Xian Network Manager can helps our IT team to predict something is going to happen in our network and alert the required people. Netflow with Xian NM 2012 SP2, you really have a clearer picture of what traffic is passing through, where it comes from and where it goes to. So the key point is Xian NM 2012 SP2 is now fully capable to provide you a heads-up whenever traffic behaves out of the ordinary.
Xian NM helps you with this by notifying you every configuration change that was made on a Cisco Switches etc. This could help to improve the IT infrastructure experience for all the organizations. More over, these type of products can boost the confidence over IT department for the external or internal clients as well.
Now with Xian NM 2012 SP2, you can really see why your network is congested, why your applications are turning slow and what are the the users doing with your network. You can see which applications use the network, which protocol, who is responsible for the traffic and so much more.
Some details about Netflow : it is a feature that was introduced on Cisco routers that give the ability to collect IP network traffic as it enters or exits an interface. By analyzing the data that is provided by Netflow a network administrator can determine things such as the source and destination of the traffic, class of service, and the cause of congestion.
6 Key Features of Xian Network Manager :-
- NetFLow :- Maybe you simply want to know how much Youtube and Facebook traffic is flowing through your company’s network, so you can finally unravel the mystery of why your network suddenly turned so slow
- Supports a Wide Array of Networks and All SNMP Devices :- With Custom Rules Feature, you do not need to worry about your investment not supporting future devices or specific unique network equipment in the long run.
- Configuration Monitoring :- Xian NM helps you with this by notifying you every configuration change that was made on a Cisco Switch and to offer you a few enhancements on the side of security.
- Automatic and Dynamic Threshold and Custom Rule Availability :- Xian Network Manager gives you more data from more devices and sends it to Operations Manager to enhance the reports and graphs you need for any monitored device.
- Network Alert Management :- The Network Alerts will immediately be displayed on the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager console, and are automatically closed as soon as the problem is fixed.
- Automatic Topology Mapping :- Xian Network Manager understands the relationships between your monitored devices and the computers connected to them.
More details available here :- http://www.jalasoft.com/xian/networkmanager