Microsoft has announced One Hour Scheduled Downtime for Intune Service as part of Planned Maintenance. Upcoming service maintenance is planned for Intune to improve performance and scalability this month, as shared in the message ID MC524216.
HTMD test tenant (Asia Pacific Region) received the message on planned maintenance activity on March 30, 2023, including a list of impacted features. Microsoft is not planning to have a global maintenance window at the same time. The different regions will have different schedules. You will receive an additional notice with the date and time of your Intune tenant maintenance.
So take a look at Service Health and Message Center to get more details on planned maintenance for your Intune tenant. Microsoft announced a similar planned maintenance for Windows 365 Cloud PC service on 4th, April 2023. If you miss this announcement, visit Planned Maintenance for Windows 365 Cloud PC Service Today.
Did you miss this alert on Intune service down types of planned maintenance and other outages? Well, it’s better to have an email alert or some other automated system to monitor and plan for your organization. More Details – Get Email Alerts For Intune Outages Microsoft 365 Services Advisory Status Change.
Updated Planned Maintenance: Scheduled Downtime for Intune Service
The Microsoft Message Center shows the maintenance plan for Intune services. The below Message Center Window shows the Updated planned Maintenance for Intune Service.
|(Updated) planned Maintenance: Intune Services||Microsoft Intune||Plan for change|
Hour Scheduled Downtime for Intune Service. Impact: All Regions but different maintenance window for different Tenants/Regions. The schedules of all the tenants or regions are not announced yet.
Taking the Necessary Steps Before the Maintenance Begins
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based unified endpoint management (UEM) tool for managing devices and apps. It Manages personally-owned and company-owned devices of the most common platforms. So there would be a wide variety of impacts within your organization.
Review the information above and notify your admins and users about the upcoming maintenance and potential impacts on certain functionalities. Everyone must be informed and prepared for the brief downtime, during which some features may be temporarily unavailable.
How to Prepare for the Scheduled Downtime for Intune Service?
As per Microsoft, you must review the information provided and plan accordingly for this upcoming maintenance. The following feature areas will be affected as part of this planned maintenance.
- Reporting – Policy reporting may be unavailable. Additionally, admins may observe stale data for Data Warehouse and app reporting.
- Apps – Admins may be unable to create or edit apps in the Intune admin center.
- Customization policies – Admins may be unable to create or edit customization policies in the Intune admin center.
- Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) – Admins will not be able to sync Apple VPP apps in the Intune admin center manually
- Windows Autopilot – During the downtime, you will not be able to complete Windows Autopilot deployments that include Win32 app installations, and you will see an error during the device setup. If you attempt to set up a device during the maintenance and hit a mistake, you must reset the device after the maintenance has ended. For instructions, read Windows Autopilot Reset. Additionally, admins may be unable to manage Autopilot devices and deployment profiles.
- Microsoft Graph API – The following APIs will be unavailable during maintenance.
Note! -This maintenance is planned outside of normal business hours to help minimize any impact on your organization. For organizations with users around the globe, that “outside of normal business hours” might affect you differently.
Scheduled Downtime for Intune Service
The maintenance plan for Intune service’s starting time is on Friday, April 7, 2023,9 PM UTC and the ending time is on Friday, April 7, 2023, 10 PM UTC. The duration of the planned maintenance Intune service is one hour. This is the example shared by Radu Bogdan for his tenant for that particular region.
Note! – Due to the nature of the Planned maintenance for Intune service, certain features and capabilities may be temporarily unavailable for a brief downtime (up to one hour).
|Rollout Phase||Starting Time||Ending Time||Duration||Message ID|
|1||Friday, April 7, 2023,9 PM UTC||Friday, April 7, 2023, 10 PM UTC||1 Hour||MC534733|
About Author – Vidya is a computer enthusiast. She is here to share quick tips and tricks with Windows 11 or Windows 10 users. She is also keen to find solutions to and write about day-to-day tech problems.