I have published install configuration manager distribution point guide in the previous post. In this post, you shall learn how to remove/reinstall distribution point (Remove Configuration Manager Distribution Point). ConfigMgr|SCCM Remove Distribution Point Role Guide.
IMPORTANT! – When you remove a configuration manager distribution point, all the packages distributed to that DP shall get removed. You might need to deploy packages to the DP again even if you are reinstalling it.
Remove Distribution Point Role
Let’s see how to remove/uninstall a configuration manager distribution point. The following are the steps you need to:
- Navigate – \Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Servers and Site System Roles
- Right Click on Distribution Point and Select Remove
- Click on Yes to confirm the removal of DP role from the site system server
Prerequisite – Make sure the SCCM remote site server computer account is part of Local Administrators group before you remove distribution point role on a site system server.
Log Files to Confirm Distribution Point Removal
You can review the Hman.log log file to know the status of the successful completion of Configuration manager distribution point removal process.
Server Info of site TP4 has not changed.HMAN will not update the DPInfo table in the database. Distribution Points of site TP4 have changed. Update the DistributionPoints table in the database. Updated DP ["Display=\\SCCMTP2.Intune.com\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=TP4"]\\SCCMTP2.Intune.com\. DBCRC:3C53E82D,NewCRC:7635C56,Action:0,PDP:0,PullDP:0 Server Info of site TP4 has changed. Update the DPInfo table in the database. Distribution Points of site TP4 have changed. Update the DistributionPoints table in the database. Updated DistributionPoints [["Display=\\SCCMTP2.Intune.com\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=TP4"]\\SCCMTP2.Intune.com\], set action to 3. DP will be deleted for this site No need to remove default DP sender address for distribution point [["Display=\\SCCMTP2.Intune.com\"]MSWNET:["SMS_SITE=TP4"]\\SCCMTP2.Intune.com\], since it does not exists for this distribution point
Reinstall Distribution Point Role
You need to follow the installation process I explained in the previous blog post to reinstall the Configuration Manager (SCCM) Distribution Point.
Resources – Remove a Distribution Point
- Reinstall the Configuration Manager (SCCM) Distribution Point
- Install and configure distribution points in Configuration Manager – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/configmgr/core/servers/deploy/configure/install-and-configure-distribution-points
- Setting up HTTPS MP SUP SCCM Site Systems for Co-Management – https://www.anoopcnair.com/setting-up-https-mp-sup-sccm-site-systems/